1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

jianshe help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jianshe400
i would deffinatly buy this product again. that is if you have access to parts. Mine dosnt say tank anywhre on it in fact i had no clue about them until i went on this forum. mine is all jianshe and all mountain lion. i cant really compare them to name brand parts becauce my matchine is in the shop. and if i have them take it apart again (actuly im not sure if they took it apart at all) they will charge me. $75/per hour. you said that your dealer isnt working out great for you? the tank-sports dealer i am going to is 4 brothers motorsports in griswold.
That sucks, I adjusted my clutch and it seems to be fine but I haven't had to pull the case apart yet to see what everything looks like. Tank-Sports is horrible to deal with and even one of the distributors for them I made contact with in Waterbury connecticut told me that ordering parts is a nightmare. Sometimes they arrive in a week....sometimes they take a month. Good Luck

Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

Alright. well at least i know what im in for! haha. well i emailed them ased if they could get parts for my model, they said no prob. i toldem what i needed and the part #'s and they said they would gimmi a price tomarrow. yeah i dont raelly know anything about these engines (or any engine) but i really want to learn. im gonna try to buy an old suzuki lt230 and it comes with an old engine that i am gonna take apart and play with.

thanks for everything guys!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbudget
I would check this kit out at the dealer before you buy anything. Trust me you will have much better luck putting yamaha parts in if they match up

Tusk Clutch Kit w/ Spring Yamaha Big Bear 4x4 400 03-06:eBay Motors (item 180408367673 end time Dec-14-09 14:04:31 PST)
I would do this too.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

i am going to call up the shop where my quad is and see if the tusk clutch kit for a yamaha big bear 4x4 400 will work. thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

i am going to call up the shop where my quad is and see if the tusk clutch kit for a yamaha big bear 4x4 400 will work. thanks for the heads up.
Keep us all updated. I would like to know if they are compatible like I assume. Who knows how long I will have this quad depending on what happens with Tank-Sports. If I run into needing more parts I would much rather go to my local Yamaha dealer than a company that has no concern for thier customers

Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

i would deffinatly buy this product again. that is if you have access to parts.

Mine dosnt say tank anywhre on it in fact i had no clue about them until i went on this forum. mine is all jianshe and all mountain lion. i cant really compare them to name brand parts becauce my matchine is in the shop.

and if i have them take it apart again (actuly im not sure if they took it apart at all) they will charge me. $75/per hour. you said that your dealer isnt working out great for you? the tank-sports dealer i am going to is 4 brothers motorsports in griswold.
That is good to hear.

I would guess its got a dozen or so names..maybe more.

With our help you can learn to work on this stuff yourself...Its not all that hard and there is quite a few of us willing to help..

Old 12-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

Tyler,

The other thread is getting so long I don't want ot get off topic on it anymore as lowbudget really has a case going on there with Tank sports!

Plus there has been so many posts its on these machines already its kind of confusing!!

So lets see if we got this right.

You have Jianshe 400
You took to local Yamaha dealer @$75/hr.
They looked at it, charged you $75 and said it needs a clutch but didn't take anything apart
They won't work on it till you provide them with a known correct clutch kit
You ph. Jianshe USA in CA. @ 909-389-1956 and the number doesn't work?
NO Chinese parts places in the US you've contacted have stock??
The machine is not apart so don't know exactly what you all need and you can't compare the clutch plates to a Yamaha's or Aftermarket ones.

I had gave you this info on the other thread

Try these guys (http://www.cjpowersports.ca ) one of a few local chinese dealers I've seen over the years that are still around. I was in the city today christmas shopping and was in there getting something. I asked the parts guy regarding Jianshe and he claims parts are a day away. I asked him about the Jianshe 400 motor and he said like everyone has its a yamaha copy. As for the clutch he said you'd have to take it apart and compare the discs to Yamaha's to be sure.

Jianshe USA's Clutch parts list for the 400 http://www.jiansheamerica.com/produc...%20catalog.pdf
Yamaha's Clutch parts list for the 400 Big Bear (2003) http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_sectio...2003&fveh=1144

I forgot about this other website in Canada. I've posted a link to this website before on here as it has some manuals and parts info etc. They also sell a 400 like yours, renamed something else of course. But if you look at the parts break down. Same pictures as Jianshe's link above and same part numbers. http://www.panterramotors.ca/pdf/AT4...0catalogue.pdf This is the link to their home page. Panterra Motorsports - Parts & Service They might be worth contacting to see if they are still in business and have stock.

I just hate to see you "dump" the ATV and get nothing for it with out at least taking a peak in side to see whats up with it. From what you've said its worked up till this point so hopefully the rest is still pretty good shape.

You are really at a disadvantage in that you can't do any repairs yourself. One of the major down falls of Chinese ATV's is getting service work done on them. Unless you have a Chinese dealer who does "work on them" not just sell them you're in a tough spot. Do you have something like a Pep Boys in your area? I believe they still sell Chinese ATV's (Baja's) maybe see what local shop does warranty work and service on their atv's.

Last edited by Sawyer; 12-18-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Trailblazer

well that is correct. all of it. now i found a tank-sports dealer next to me. tanksports Scout-400U is the same as a jianshe 400. but they got me no where. becasue they just order off of http://www.atvpartsusa.com/. and barely anything is in stock. sent an email to them never got back. and now the website dosnt even work. i wish that i had some mechanical skills, but i dont. hah and i dont have a garge and it wond fit threw the door to go to my basement. i am looking into picking up an old suzuki lt230 becasue it comes with a spare engine (that could be blown dosnt say) and i can take that apart. just mess with it. like learn the hard way. haha any way that isnt going to help the 400. i have came to the conclusion that nothing in the name jianshe will get me any where in america. none of there emails work or phone #'s. so i looked into tanksports. little better but not even close. and the part #'s from jianshe dosnt match up with tanksports. the palce that my quad is at gave me a list of parts and quantitys whtich is nice becasue that is cheaper than buying a whole clutch assembly. but they just took that off jianshe's website. so i will took into the websites you gave me and see if i get anywhere. otherwise i just need to save up alittle money and have them try a yamaha 400 4x4 big bear clutch see if it fits. thank you very much for your responces.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Trailblazer

I'm new to the forums and not trying to butt in but, I believe jianshe america websit has a service manual for the 400. Just click on support and look along the LH side of the page. Its the maintenience manual. I have one of the 400s myself and have, so far anyway, had very good luck with it. The only thing I've noticed about it is when climbing or decending hills it will sometimes belch a little gear oil out of the vent tubes but I don't feel it's a problem. As of today it has near 275 miles on it.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Welcome to the forum JimW!

No problem butting in..we need all the help we can get. Thanks for the info on the manual.

Quick Reply: jianshe help!!