1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma 90 panda i think help everything wrong

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma 90 panda i think help everything wrong

hi people i have just acuired a panda 90 with no ignition at all just six wires 1 red 1 black 1 green 1 black/whitestripe 1yellow 1 yellow/whitestripe so thats first issue where does what go shall i put on switches . the oil tank is all blocked up can i just bypass the mixing system and premix fuel if so how thanks i have two fuel hoses on the carb by the way thanks

Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there a coil, CDI? Regulator? I don't recognize the wire colors exactly. Where do the wires come from? Can you post pic's?

What is the history of this quad? When was the last time it was run?

Old 07-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi the quad has been sitting for ages I have cleaned out carb replaced fuel lines and spark plug it definatley has a coil, starter motor there is also a small silver box with 4 wires into it I have twisted up the black and red and this then makes the starter motor tick but still no spark I will take photos later thanks

Old 07-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Electrical Expert

Small silver box (with fins?) with 4 wires sounds like a regulator. Is so this won't have anything to do with spark or the starter turning.

Do you have a CDI? Do a search on ebay for Chinese Quad CDI, and see if you find anything on your quad that resembles pic's on eBay. If you find one send the link.

I'm looking forward to those pictures...

Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is definatley no cdi on the bike having troubles uploading pics I have the starter working just no spark

Old 07-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Electrical Expert

My next question was going to be if you had the generic chinese 5 pin CDI. Then I found this thread:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...-no-spark.html

There is a picture of the panda cdi in that thread, which is definately not the generic chinese 5 pin CDI. Unfortunately it looks like those may be a lot more difficult to find if you really don't have a CDI on the bike.

Look and see if you do have anything like the CDI in the picture. If not the first step will be to find a CDI (a quad won't run without a CDI).

Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi the photos are in my personal album there is only the coil and the regulator and i have taken photos of the wires coming from stator, the coil and the missing ignition oh and i think an auto choke not sure and something that is in between the starter motor and batt

Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

please if anyone can help me further do i need to source a cdi? if so where does it go wot do i test to find out wich wires do what and if stator is working etc thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Electrical Expert

This looks like a tough problem. It isn't making sense to me yet. Some comments on your pictures:

1) Img58 and Img59 show the voltage regulator. I'm noting that the wiring harness colors are:

Red: battery voltage
Grn: ground
Yel: stator battery charge winding output 1
Yel/Wht: stator battery charge winding output 2

The reason I'm noting the wire colors is that most of the time quad manufacturers use a single wire color for only one function. For example green is ground, so all ground wires are green and all green wires are ground.

2) You have a picture of wires labeled "Ignition wiring". Can you see where these wires come from, or do they just pop out of the wiring harness? This is a strange mix of colors, and they don't yet make any sense.

Blk/Wht: Typically this color wire is a kill switch wire. Do you have other kill switches? Is there a blk/wht wire in the wiring harness connected to those kill switches? Does the dangling black/wht wire connect to the kill switch black/white wire (using your meter)?

Important: when looking at wire colors always look at the wire color in the wiring harness - not the wire color of the short pigtails going into the device (be it the stator, ignition switch, etc). The reason this is important is that you can safely bet that when a pink wire enters the wiring harness lash up, wherever it happens to pop back out it will still be pink. Thus you can look for all pink wires and use the ohm setting on your meter to verify that they are the same connection. Pigtail lead colors can be anything, and often don't match the wiring harness.

Red: Is this wire at 12 volts? Is it at 12 volts with the ignition switch on?

Black: Is this wire connected to ground? At the regulator the ground wire is green. This doesn't make sense.

Yellow: Does this wire connect to the yellow wire on the regulator? Use your meter to see.

Where else in the wiring harness do you see Yellow/White wires? Are they connected (meter again).

3) Your coil wires picture shows too many wires. Typically a coil has 2 input wires: The output of the CDI to the coil, and ground. The output of the coil is a fat high voltage wire to the plug. But you have 3 input wires...

4) The pic's labeled Img50 and Img51 are your starter solenoid.

The dangling ignition wires don't match up with any info I have on pandas for CDI's. Perhaps others have different or more info. It also looks like this bike has been gone over a few times in the wiring. Couple that with the fact that Panda CDI's are not commonly available, I think you have a real challenge on your hands.

I wish I had more helpful insight.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi lynn thanks for all your help so far i have dismanteled the wiring loom so i can trace all cables i have found that the
yellow/white goes to the handlebar switch only
yellow goes to the regulator,stator and the auto choke
black/white goes to the coil and the h/b switch
red battery positive
black goes to the solenoid and h/b switch
green ground

i have looked at one of your other threads about a cdi which is a 5 wire its the one you sent me the link to do you think i can buy one of those and just try see if it works leaving yellow/white out and green thanks again

Quick Reply: kazuma 90 panda i think help everything wrong