1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma 90 panda i think help everything wrong

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks so much for the advice quad is running great even got signales flashing ..lol.thanks again

Old 12-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Range Rover

Lynn Edwards is a Wizard with the electrical stuff. He helped me with mine. I was the guy that had all the bad CDIs. New, out of the box, but still they were bad.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffiason
thanks so much for the advice quad is running great even got signales flashing ..lol.thanks again
I'm glad it is up and running...

Old 01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

Hi all, I have a similar CDI question - the 90cc 2T Panda I have bought has (apparently) got a faulty CDI (see pic below).

IM having trouble locating one identical. Ive found ones that 'look' the same but with slight differences in wire colour.

1. Can I use any old 2 stroke CDI that looks the same (eg. off a PW50 or 80 or similar)?
2. Can the type of box like CDI pictured earlier in the thread be used if wiring set up?

I dont want to let this little black box beat me!

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

Cheers and thank you in advance
Gary

Victoria - Oz

Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by jawk
Hi all, I have a similar CDI question - the 90cc 2T Panda I have bought has (apparently) got a faulty CDI (see pic below).

[snip picture]

IM having trouble locating one identical. Ive found ones that 'look' the same but with slight differences in wire colour.

1. Can I use any old 2 stroke CDI that looks the same (eg. off a PW50 or 80 or similar)?
2. Can the type of box like CDI pictured earlier in the thread be used if wiring set up?
I don't know a lot about two strokes. I do know that the 5 pin 4 stroke CDI pictured in the earlier posts will *not* work on a 2 stroke. See the following two links to see the whole story:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...-90cc-atv.html

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...bogs-down.html

If you find a two stroke CDI that looks similar you might give it a try. That's the same advice I gave for the 4 stroke CDI in the links above which turned out to be completlely wrong. But if it were me I would give it a go anyway.

Why do you think the CDI is bad? Have you checked the stator outputs with a meter, changed the spark plug, checked coil continuity, etc?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I think the CDI is buggered because the fella I bought it from said his friend (who knows about these things) said so...

Hmmm, Im thinking what your probably thinking now - put the CDI back in, check the measurements you've talked about earlier in the post, check ignition switch etc etc etc... Then see for my self!

There doesnt seem to be a kill switch - only the ignition switch.

There is some spurious wiring and a funny looking thingo up the back of the bike that I dont know what they are (ive posted up a pic'); but i'll assume that is for lights or something until i know better.

Cheers and thank you for your reply!
Gary

Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

...addit,

Theres a CDI for a YB90 (i dont know what that is tho) that even has the same colour wiring for abour $20 AUD - its even in Oz which is a bonus!

Ive sent them a message to see if they can supply wiring details.

Gary

Old 06-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

All fixed now.
Did some more digging and appears that the bike is a Dinli two stroke from about year 2000 (supposedly they make/made Kazuma back then and others).

So I got some diagrams from the web and had a friend diagnose that the stator/generator thingo wasnt working. Got one of those that visually matched off our favourite auction site, and bingo, got spark!

CDI was fine.

So, put a new battery, and spark plug then fuelled it up - but then the fuel ran out as the tank had a split - okay got it welded up and bingo she started and ran after several years in a shed!

Everyone happy!

Thanks for those who gave me feedback to work with

Originally Posted by jawk

I dont want to let this little black box beat me!

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

Cheers and thank you in advance
Gary

Victoria - Oz

Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Electrical Expert

Thanks for reporting back. It helps to get final closure. It really helps others down the line who have similar problems... .

Old 06-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just as an aside - Strewth does it go !!

Possibly too quick for its intended riders...

Not sure of fuel mix at present (not using oil injection tank as it leaks), so running 32:1 - bit fuel smoky, so might try a leaner mix with the same oil i use in the enduro bike (KTM250).