1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Fuel spilling out of Carb

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel spilling out of Carb

Hello everyone,

I got great advice on a rebuild of an LT80. Since then, I've inherited a Dinli 90cc that was in pieces. I've cleaned the carb, replaced the plug, removed the oil tank to run mix, and put it all back together. Problem is, when I open the petcock, I get a massive leak and I think it's flooding the carb so it won't start.

Please take a look at the pictures and see if I have the tube circled in red in the right place.

Thanks a bunch!

The tube circled in red spills out fuel when I open the petcock.

Here's the carb from the side of the quad.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 312 Likes on 306 Posts

It may have filled the airbox and engine with fuel as the carb breather looks to be above them. Take the carb apart and check the float needle and seat for dirt and damage, check the float is OK. Blow the seat and jets out and refit the carb. Clean the airbox and get any fuel out of the cylinder and crankcase.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, easy fix. Remove the carb and put on a new $15 one. The float plunger is not sealing, thus letting gas past it. I just sold my Dinli 90cc and it did the same thing when i first bought it. No known carb rebuild kit.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Trailblazer

I know this dinli is a clone of a Polaris scrambler. I've checked the Polaris carbs, and it looks like it's a direct swap. So what do you all think about buying a Scrambler carb and putting that on? Or is there a better/more cost effective carb I should use?

Old 11-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Old 11-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

Well, we'll see what happens. I spent $18.50 for a new carb that fits the scrambler. It looks exactly like the Dinli version. Hopefully it's plug and pay.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Can someone explain how the electric choke works? I don't like not being able to manually choke the carb when I'm trying to start it.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

The electric choke plunger is "supposed" to sense engine temp and open the plunger for the enrichener circuit when cold,gradually closes the plunger when the engine warms up,but most never worked worth a flip..I first came across electric chokes years ago on old Honda Aero 50 and 80 scooters and they had the same problem,hard to crank when cold. We even had manual choke kits that replaced the electric choke on the early two strokes(2001-2002) and even they had their draw backs.Later on the electric chokes were gone,replaced by the manual choke on the 2 strokes.The best way to crank these machines when cold since it's basically like the Polaris atvs is to block off the air inlet tube with your thumb when cranking. This lets more gas in than air since these little machines don't have much engine suction to begin with. After they're warm they'll crank right back up. This was in an "in house" bulletin that Polaris sent to us and other dealers on machines that customers had a hard time starting. Kinda embarrassing to tell customers to do that,but most were happy that it really worked. Mainly because it got their kiddos off their backs..

Old 11-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Same one also advertised to fit the Dinli 90cc. Still trying to figure out what an electric CHOCK is though

Carburetor Crab 2 Stroke Dinli 50cc 70cc 90cc 100cc 110cc ATV Electric Chock | eBay

Old 11-13-2015, 01:23 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by MPDano
Same one also advertised to fit the Dinli 90cc. Still trying to figure out what an electric CHOCK is though
At least they spelled it right at the bottom of the page in the description of the carb.Looks like ebay needs some better proof readers..

Quick Reply: Fuel spilling out of Carb