Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

650 icm power pak module problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 06:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 650 icm power pak module problem

i got a problem i put the highlifter icm power pak module in my fourwheeler and it didn't seem to help at all maybe a lil on low end and it seemed to get warm quicker wonder if anyone had any problems with this and heard of a couple of other modules you can get and if anyone knows please let me know cause to me this module wasn't worth the money for the lil bit of power i actually gained thank you

Old 05-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would make sure that you installed it correctly. I'm not trying to be a wise guy but you can run the ATV if it isn't installed incorrectly and it won't feel that bad off the bottom. It won't feel any faster and the top end might feel weaker to you, but overall it still runs OK. I have my HL ICM installed with the switch to bypass it and you can most definately tell when it's on. It really made a big difference on my 650 LE. With the ICM on it actually becomes a wheelie machine and with it off it takes quite a bit just to get the front light.
If your just looking to replace it you might want to consider the DYNATEC CDI. It completly replaces the original cdi and advances the ign timing with engine RPM instead of vehicle speed like the original does. The other things it does for you is eliminates the dreaded limp mode and raises the rev limiter 1000 RPM.\
Wook.

Old 05-23-2004, 02:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello Where do i get the DYNATEC CDI web page ?

Thanks Al

Old 05-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

hey thanx for the imput wook i really appreciate it and well i been working with wires and electronics for years so i know it is hooked up correctly i think that it is possible that i did get a faulty one but i will have to deffinately check out this dynatec cdi and i hate that limp mode it comes on more often now that i got the big tires came on twice yesterday so i think i will be sending this hl icm power module back to highlifter thank you once again and have safe riding

Old 05-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: NinJak

Thanks Al
here is the web site. per dynatec tech support p/n DFS2-13 is the unit you want for the big cat.

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/at...e.htm#kawasaki

Old 05-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: NinJak

Thanks Al
http://www.dynaonline.com/english/at...e.htm#kawasaki

Old 05-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

wookie
have you heard much about the dg3 from diamond g racing as i heard the dyna tec cdi has some kick back problems

Old 05-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

Pockets,
Haven't herd much about the DG3 but I do believe it operates on the same Idea as the HL ICM. It creates a false speed signal and sends it to the stock CDI and causes the ignition to advance at low RPMs. Unfortunately it still makes that signal at Idle, in neutral,whether the engine is warm or cold. This creates some extra heat in the engine and you are still limited by the limits of the stock CDI.
I know of the Dyna CDI because my friend purchased one a few months ago just as they came out. His ATV runs very strong and hasn't so much as stumbeled once since installing it. I had one on order for a couple of weeks and it just showed up yesterday. I'll probably install it this weekend and if I have any problems or if it isn't as strong as my HL ICM I'll let you guys know.
Rich.

Old 05-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

Pockets,
Forget everything I said about the DG3. I got it confused with the DG module. Of course I realized it as soon as I clicked on the REPLY TO THREAD button and sent my reply to the post.
Sorry, I dont know anything about it.

Rich.

Old 05-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

are you sure it is the dfs2-13 and not the 2-12 cause i wanna order it and it doesn't say anything about arctic cats they are pretty sketchy on that sight and do you guys know where i can order a black spring for my secondary clutch and please don't tell me highlifter cause the way they have been i will never buy anything from them again thanx

Quick Reply: 650 icm power pak module problem