Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

Hey Bear - hows that given up working out for ya?
These knuckleheads can't even use the word liability in a sentence yet.
We call them supermen around here - they are invenceable!
I use to skydive with a bunch of guys we called the superman club.
There either walking with cains, in wheel chairs or dead now.
Turns out they were not that invineceable after all.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer

To take is risk is as much a requirement of human nature as it is a thrill. One will never lechture this primitive instinct out of humans. Any risk involved with volunteering for the Marines?Any risk hopping on an airliner?skydiving?Nascar??how about cosmetic surgery??.......riding an ATV not in accordance with the multiple warning lables?...Ill take the ATV ride as the least risky......I believe each individual must make his/her own choice...some are good some are bad..some live life fullfilled some dont.If doing verticle 360s on your ATV is your thing, than do it....the dangers are known but please dont blame arctic cat or blame others if something goes obtuse. If you want to ride dirt roads with body armor and emergency flashers on ......it is ok also. just dont become an activist and impeed the sport with any more regualtions. The point is to be free to do as you please ...but apply common sense ......because the rest of us hope to enjoy the sport in years to come.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mrmom103ny
To take is risk is as much a requirement of human nature as it is a thrill. One will never lechture this primitive instinct out of humans. Any risk involved with volunteering for the Marines?Any risk hopping on an airliner?skydiving?Nascar??how about cosmetic surgery??.......riding an ATV not in accordance with the multiple warning lables?...Ill take the ATV ride as the least risky......I believe each individual must make his/her own choice...some are good some are bad..some live life fullfilled some dont.If doing verticle 360s on your ATV is your thing, than do it....the dangers are known but please dont blame arctic cat or blame others if something goes obtuse. If you want to ride dirt roads with body armor and emergency flashers on ......it is ok also. just dont become an activist and impeed the sport with any more regualtions. The point is to be free to do as you please ...but apply common sense ......because the rest of us hope to enjoy the sport in years to come.
Dude - the issue is the stupidity of carrying MULTIPLE passengers on a quad. Not primative instinct. Anyone who wants a thrill can do to themselves whatever they want to. But to put other people at risk is a liability that can bring all hell down on you.

Bear and I are just trying to persuade others from continuing this known high risk behavior.

Hell, I've jumped from a 727. I didn't have my 4 year old strapped on me. (damn, now 3 people are going to post saying that I shouldnt be endangering my 4 year old because they CANT READ THE POST CORRECTLY)

Old 12-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

Well from what you are saying that we are endanger peoples life by going 3mph in our front yeard taking a passenger on a ride for them to get the feel for it or just they never been on one before in their life. There is one extreme to the next like if I had 3 passengers jump on my quad blazing up and down hills at 30 mph that's a different story that is just asking for trouble. But take fro example not realisticly about jumping out of an airplane with your child (I know you said you don't) but that would be extreme. Now imagine carrying your child around the house and jumping up and down to get some entertainment for your child then you post how you do this then all of us come on here and say how dangerous it is and say that you might as well go jump out of an airplane with your child. You can endanger yourself but never entertain your child while holding him but it is all right that you do what you want by yourself. Seems kinda dumb doesn't it so why don't you leave us alone about riding with passengers on our quad. If I have a passenger and am going 3mph in my yard and somebody gets killed then for one I should never have been riding that thing in the first place if something like that can happen. You say that we are not gitting it, but no my friend you are the one NOT SEEING THE LIGHT AT THE END OF YOUR OWN TUNNEL>

Old 12-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LimeGreenCat
NOT SEEING THE LIGHT AT THE END OF YOUR OWN TUNNEL>
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that - but it doesnt really matter.

Good luck my young friend.

If you keep a journal. Which I highly recommend all men should do, In the back of that journal - write this on the last page.
"Christmas 2025, Was I right about riding multiple people on my quad?"

Peace to you and Merry Christmas
May God Bless you and keep you and yours safe.

Back to the topic of this thread.

The only time in the garage for my quads is the time spent for all the way cool accesories being added.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Trailblazer

Dude - the issue is the stupidity of carrying MULTIPLE passengers on a quad. Not primative instinct. Anyone who wants a thrill can do to themselves whatever they want to. But to put other people at risk is a liability that can bring all hell down on you.

Bear and I are just trying to persuade others from continuing this known high risk behavior.

Hell, I've jumped from a 727. I didn't have my 4 year old strapped on me. (damn, now 3 people are going to post saying that I shouldnt be endangering my 4 year old because they CANT READ THE POST CORRECTLY)

No sir...we can read the post...and you introduced the topic of the safety merits of 3 people on an ATV......................and yes we all understand that with a questionable driver, a safety issue can arise, just as it can with the driver alone. But by the same token, with a qualified driver 3 people can board an ATV and be very safe...yes safe ..........The point I was making had to do with the warning labels being GOSPEL and following the rules stamped on the fender a ticket to safety.This is pure rubbish and the manufacturer knows this .A certain % of people who purchase ATVS will wreak harm to themselves and others involved regardless of what is printed on the fender or how many riders aboard.The warnings help a literate adult absorb some interesting facts but the key ingredient is a QUALIFIED driver.The warning labels are more for exoneration of liability than anything else.We all understand that most of the quads are designed for 1 rider....but we experienced riders could also pilot an ATV with multiple riders under certain circumstances.. very safely.That was the point.......A blanket statement that it is dangerous to ride multiple riders on an ATV is fiction. It certainly CAN be more dangerous with multiple riders than a single rider. but certainly NOT a given. The oddity of this discussion is that my club in the Adirondacks(since 1986) has experienced ZERO accidents with multiple riders.The operators become exponentially more careful with an extra rider.They stay off the mountains and traverse the flatter terrain.The solo riders have however been in SOME accidents.....broken arms ,wrists ,fractured skull(yes all had helmets on)aggressive riding and failing to abide to the LAWS of physics applied in these cases....... It has been my experience that Solo riders are far more likely to be injured..............So to sum this debate up.
1.Safety is a byproduct of common sense.... not the other way around.
2.laws and warning labels wont increase ones common sense I.Q
3.The lowest common denominator(individual) will dictate what laws and safety issues we will all abide by(bought a push mower lately?)
4.Taking Risk is a primitive instict.
5. Training helps........ but some people CAN reliably and safely operate power equipt......... and some simply CANNOT.(mechanical dexterity I.Q.)

Old 12-27-2004, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

look.... basically what everyone is trying to say is people should have the freedom (if compentent enuff) to ride A passenger around in the front yard (level ground,dry dirt etc. etc. )no more than 3 mph and be able to keep control of the vehicle enuff so that the passenger can see what its like to ride a quad and see if or or she would even be interested in the sport, this is infact how i was introduced to the sport when i was younger, my uncle road my on the back of his quad in the front yard,and then when i got a little older i decided i wanted to get into motocross raceing with my dad. i dont beleave that theres really a way to blame the quad manufactor for a possible wreck while carrying a passenger but for all the lawyer ready sueing folks maybe some people should learn to take responsiblity for there actions refering to this. i choose not to carry passengers simply because my rideing style i dont feel comftorble hauling a passenger because if iam gonna risk life and lime to have fun its gonna be just my own and no one else's because that would be wrong. iam not a superman wannabe thinking iam invincible /indestructable, infact i know most of me (except for the titanium stuff) is not indestructable but thats ok cause i accept the possibility of death ,same kinda deal with rock crawlin (not in trucks) u take someone thats never been before and take them up a 300' cliff with no belay (saftey rope,or other saftey devise) and its gonna be your fault when they fall off the cliff.if u wanna introduce someone to purty much any sport u ease them into it and rideing around a passenger in the front yard going 3 mph is a acceptable version of this seeing how is there really is no saftey rope or anything for a quad, iam glad i got to ride on 1 as a passenger before a rider because it helped my learn the controls and develop a feel for it before i hope into the riders seat , and yes i did take a saftey course but i saw many people at this course who had NEVER been on a quad who had just went out and bought 1 and brought it there and they had no idea what to do in situations and how the quad was supposed to feel

Old 12-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LimeGreenCat
So pretty much you are telling us they we can't do what you did and we can't have the enjoyment of life becasue you did and know that you are older you relize this and now are calling us stupid for the things you have done in the past. So basically your saying we should not do anything stupid becasue it's all ready been done? what that's your life and not mine. I want to have fun, I live to have fun and not sit at home and lock myself in a closet affraid of getting hurt. You think that you have done it all huh? You have been to war, race boats, raced cars, blah blah blah. Well that's you not us we still all get a thrill out of it and if you don't then that's you not us. So by the way who are you the renissance man? You have done everything in life and stand up to no challenge? By the way I have fast cars I've been 140mph in a car. and guess what still have a lot of living ahead of me and will not turn down fun because of the chance that I might get hurt. I do not endanger my passengers or for that fact anybody out on the road. But I will take risk with myself. Yes I am a kid and for that fact your only a kid once and for people like you are taking the fun out of being a youth. You wonder why there are so many accidents now days and why so many people are getting killed. I will tell you why it is people like you that did what they did when they where young and not let kids like me experience for themselve. Back when my old man was a kid he would race his car on the street and the cops would actually block off traffic but for people like you we now have cops arresting people for spitting on the sidewalk. You have no right to lecture anybody about thier youth while you are claiming to have gone faster than anybody alive and live more dangerously when they where young then anybody. You also say that you have raced cars and gone a hell of alot faster than any of us ever will how do you know. I am 19 years old and I have owned alot of things I can go out tomorrow and by me a car that will go 150mph in the 1/4 mile. So don't go of thinking you are the fastest man alive. I also have a 1976 Duster that will do 110 in the 1/4 and it is pretty much stock. But let me guess you probably race top fuel dragsters right? I guess I should be expecting you at the next craftsmen drag series ay?
The Line comes to mind "The young do not alway do as they are told." What I am trying to do is spare you and others the pain of being crippled in your old age. If that's wrong then, sue me. BTW, I never in my days (and my days included the hay day of American fast cars) heard of a stock Duster that would do 110 in the quarter. Mph is a function of hp and there are no stock or near stock 340s with that kind of hp. Yeah, go by that 150 mph car. Knew a guy just like you. After he wreaked the 120 mph boat he wasn't up to handling he bought altered anglia with a hemi in it. He wasn't up to it either as it killed him. You are't gonna come up with anything new, I couldn't do it to my old man either. All I can say is if youth would learn from others mistakes they would be able to live there lives when and if they get old easier and more comfortable. And don't use me as an example of how to live your life, or you will be suffering if you are lucky enough to live that is.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mrmom103ny

You need to bone up on your stats buddy. You are much safer in an airliner that even driving your car. And you are much safer driving your car than on an ATV. Your logic is not supported by fact, there for it is faulty, that's what will get you or other injured or killed. Our society has deemed that your theroy is faulty BTW and has laws in place to screw you big time if you follow it. The trouble with faulty theroies is when it is proven false by a bad accident then the dill rod you used that theroy comes up with a new on, "Can't be my fault I was stupid, must be Arctic Cats" runs out and get a slimeball lawyer and sues AC. Happens all the time, thats why all the stickers and high insurance rates _Your ATV would be about a $1000 less if it was for paying lawyer and insurance). You are one of few who will use common sense, most aren't up to facing reality, in fact they don't have common sense. Common sense isn't common, it has to be learned and some people are real slow learners.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Donald Campbell was stupid. He turned into soap.

Quick Reply: Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?