Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

long time no see guys, figured i would stop in and see how things are going. i see our post is still alive and going strong. for one catterman i am sorry bout your lil cousin my prayers go out to you and your family. v2 rider dang man that is bad luck hope you heal up soon. and deedawg i am seriously jeleous of your awesome safari expedition. those are some nice nice animals you shot there. what size rifle did you use for that? and oh what did you wanna change the topic to? i been really busy still getting things finished up on the house and well winter is now coming so trying to get everything ready for the cold. about the only thing left is cover the septic tank and i am gonna buy a fireplace from work. oh and catterman how is the business going in gf? you and the wifey like it there? i will have to go check it out next time i am in gf if i see ya i will walk up to you and say arctic cat sux [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, thanks for the props!!! I actually figured out on my own how to change the title. I changed the title for a thread I started from "AFRICAN SAFARI" to "AFRICAN SAFARI PHOTOS". I'd like to know how I can put more than a dozen photos on my page; I know some guys in here can put 24.

In South Africa I used a 7mm Rem Mag, and in Namibia I used a .300 Win Mag. I didn't bring my own gun because I knew I would be visiting Senegal and Botswana as well. I shot a total of 13 animals, and everything except the Kudu was one shot, one kill. Since I shot the Kudu first, that means I shot 12 animals in a row with just one shot. My guide said the average hunter needs 3 shots per animal. I was able to taste a little of almost everything, and it all tasted good to me. I am having everything with horns shoulder mounted, and the zebra and ostrich will be a flat skin. The monkey will just be a bleached skull because my wife won't let a monkey in the house!!! I intend to put as many mounts in the house as the wife will let me get away with, and the rest will go in the garage where I have one stall that is partially closed off, carpeted, and of course cable TV!!! It will take about a year to get everything home, and they will deliver right to the door.

QUOTE FOR THE DAY
...I don't believe gun owners have rights."
Sarah Brady, Chairman, Handgun Control, Incorporated, from the Hearst Newspapers Special Report, "Handguns in America" October 1997

Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Holy crap deedawg, how much did all of that cost? Anyone want to go to Africa with me next year????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

weez, our business is up and running, remember we are at the corner of Gateway and Columbia, next to your favorite store - Happy Harrys. So stop on by! We opening our next location in Crookston, it will be open sometime in November. Might cut into hunting this year, but hopefully will free up a lot of time in the years to come. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

dee i am seriously jeleous of your hunt. i will go with you catterman i got about a 105 hours of vacation time and 80 hours of personal time saved up so lets do it. oh and i heard deedawg is payin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i know a guy that went 2 years ago and he said it was very memorable. it took about a year and a half i think it was to get his mounts back. he had a hard time cause he was dealing with some scrupulous characters. and catterman you guys should have an excellent location there alot of traffic from all directions go by there. do you guys have a yoga class? i would much like to sit around and watch the ladies in spandex flexing around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

catterman, I'd like to go with you next year, but I think I'll have to wait....by the time I get all the mounts hung up in the house in a year or so, I will have about 26k invested. Very memorable though, truely a trip of a life time. Ya'll will have to come out to the OC to see them when they get hung up!!! I am looking at going again in four years with a couple other guys and our families...
BTW - I second the motion on ladies in spandex flexing around!!!!!!!

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"You're Pro-Choice and Your Child Will Never Vote"

Old 09-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

dee dawg, buy the membership then you can post 24 pics

Old 09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Sorry guys, no yoga or ladies in spandex. However 75% of our members are female [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

hot females? or ones you feel sorry for their spandex? is that one of those sexy fitness clubs like you see in the bally total fitness comercials? i am pretty sure that one girls juggs are fake. oh anyways 26 g's is alot but if a person does it one time and it is something you remember for the rest of your life and have a great time then it is worth every penny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNgwZgoKFc this wasn't from your guyses expedition was it dee???????

Old 09-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

weez - no that wasn't me. Beside I hunted alone, no other hunters. BTW - That guide is no longer in business because of that video.

booboobear - thanks, I didn't know that.

catterman - maybe spandex and yoga classes would be a good addition to your buisness? Of course I would also offer one-way glass for viewing purposes....maybe charge for that as well?!!!! With the right ladies I think you could do very well!!!

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"You're Pro-Choice and Your Child Will Never Vote"

Old 09-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

lol i showed my gf your pictures and she said that steenbok is so damn cute how could anyone shoot them. i looked at her and said you shoot whitetail [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and i seen a different version of that video where afterwards them idiots are all standing around giving each other high 5's. i think when that lion was standing there after the first shot i would have pumped a couple more in it. oh and catterman i bet you didn't think you would get great business advice like this right here on the forum. if you did that i might get a lifetime membership.

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread