Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

VDI claims their AC 700 does burnouts now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VDI claims their AC 700 does burnouts now!

In an early build of a replacement ECU, Velocity Devices Inc. is really getting a lot out of the Suzuki built 695cc motor by advancing the timing, it has a monster low end punch and it has incredible throttle response now and it'll do burnouts!! This replacement ECU is expected by the end of summer...so AC 700 owners save your money for this. The thread VDI posted this info on is below!

Click here for the thread

Old 08-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
In an early build of a replacement ECU, Velocity Devices Inc. is really getting a lot out of the Suzuki built 695cc motor by advancing the timing, it has a monster low end punch and it has incredible throttle response now and it'll do burnouts!! This replacement ECU is expected by the end of summer...so AC 700 owners save your money for this. The thread VDI posted this info on is below!

Click here for the thread
Sounds great! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Check out what "Alltoys" has to say about this AC 700 VDI is doing the testing on!!! He raced it with his modified Prairie and says it's really close in speed and power. Said it should be as fast as a jetted BF 750 when VDI is done. Now remeber this is all just with a different ECU.

Click here!!!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh great, now i will need a pipe and jetting setup to beat a 700 with a module!

Old 08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: v2rider
YOu will need those just to keep up with my H1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know if that's all it'll take...b/c they are saying their AC 700 with an early build of the CDI kept up with a guys modded Prairie 700( which was unheard off before), and I'm pretty sure the P 700 is faster than an AC V2 650, but hey it'll be fun finding out won't it!!! Your CDI will help though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
YOu will need those just to keep up with my H1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I could of beat your H1, stock, with my tires flat, and me going backwards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
(jk) But you could pull me around like a little tonka truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

The manufacturers love the fact that there are so many of us and we all have different ideas about what we want in a quad. They can build all kinds of ATV's and sell them, they're happy, we're happy. I like the idea of turning up the 700 because I'd like to see what it's actually capable of, but I don't want one. I have a 700 and love the way it rides on the trails. I prefer riding technical trails, but not too extreme, and the challenge of making it up another big hill, over a log or two, and traversing some rocks. I even like off camber as long as I don't go too far and roll the thing. Now, having said I love the 700, I probably would be just as happy with a 500. I've noticed the fan on my 700 runs a lot. Does that indicate that it's going to over heat on me? I hope not, but a ECU that could be tuned to my liking would be something I'd be interested in. Something in moderation, not extreme. Why did I buy a 700 in the first place? I prefer EFI and the Cat is heavy so a little more power helps pull it around. A 500 EFI or even a 600 EFI would also be a good choice for me. I now have 800 miles logged on the 700 and I just bought it a little over three months ago. Another year, a few more miles, some more new engines from Arctic Cat, and I should have a good idea of what really suites me and my likes best.