Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Help got water in my air box!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help got water in my air box!!

This weekend me and my buddy who has a BF 750 were riding at a local ATV park and while following him through a hole all the water he pushed out of the hole came rushing back in while I was still in it. So it covered my front rack and my06 500AC shut off. So far I have changed the oil and filter about 5 times and have tryed using Sea Foam in my oil to help get out the water. But it is still milky looking, what esle is there to do and will my ATV ever be the same again. I am seriously thinking of getting it running right again and getting rid of it as soon as the water is out of the oil. Any help would be great thanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Range Rover

Nothing to do but keep changing out the oil and filter till you clean it out. Why get rid of it for youre mistake? ATVs are not submarines, what you did can be done to any of them in that deep of water.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know I shouldnt have been that much water Im not getting rid of it because I think that it shouldnt have sucked up water. Any ATV that isnt snorkled would have. Im just scared that it will never be right after this, thats all I love my AC and thats why I think Im going to get a 650 AC instead of a BF 750 even though they cost about the same price.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First, remove the battery. Fill the crank and oil res. up with Kerosene, Have a buddy pull you around a bit with it in gear to splash it around, drain, fill with oil and run for a bit and drain and refill.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Range Rover

It will be fine as long as you did not run for long with it full of water, a friend did the same thing to his 500 and a year later its fine with no problems.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

i drowened my 650 out twice and it still runs like a top. as long as you don't let it sit for a long time with the water in the motor you will be fine. you leave it and the water will start pitting your crank bearings. i did what xfreebird did well kinda. keroseane is basically a really thin oil, i filled it up to specks and started it up. i put it in forward and let it crawl about 10 feet then put it in reverse and let it crawl about 10 feet never revving the motor up. i would let it run for about 1 min at the most and turn it off and let it drain out. beings it is thin it will get in the tough places and pull the water out. when you get the milkyness out of it buy a new airfilter or wash and reoil the one you have. go and buy a new spark plug and clean the carb. oh and if it is automatic if you haven't done it yet either pull the plug to drain it or put it in neutral and rev the motor up to blow the water out. hope this helps.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the help guys I got the water out today got it cleaned up and just traded it in for an 2007 AC 650. And now I will NEVER EVER EVER go in water that looks remotely deep at all.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Snorkel Kit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] something that if i get another atv instead of a prowler i am gonna put on right away.