Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Cat quit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat quit!

I got a 07 Arctic TBX H1 still under wnty. It has about 15 miles on it. We were dirving it down our drive yesterday and it just quit. Just like someone turned the key off. Wont fire but cranks fine. I checked the spark plug wire, OK, the kill button, OK, the fuses, OK. It has 1/2 tank gas and not by gauage. I may have to put it on the trailer and take it to the dealer who is 45 miles away. I would like to know if anyone might have a simple "fix" for something I have missed? Thanks! Richard

THE CATS ALIVE!!!!!!!
Thanks for the help and ideas from everyone. I figured it was a electical problem like most. I took the "Brain Box" to the dealer today and pluged it into a 07 cat. No would fire. So they gave the me box off the new cat and I put it on mine, perrrrrrrrfect now! Thanks for your help, Richard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Range Rover
Default Cat quit!

check idle adjustment?

Old 04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Cat quit!

Originally posted by: Bastosako
check idle adjustment?

?????????

Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Range Rover
Default Cat quit!

take the plug out, see if its getting gas and check gap. check air filter for a mouse house.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Cat quit!

check disconnect swich on left handel bar that it didnt get triped

Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cat quit!

Originally posted by: TXchopper
I got a 07 Arctic TBX H1 still under wnty. It has about 15 miles on it. We were dirving it down our drive yesterday and it just quit. Just like someone turned the key off. Wont fire but cranks fine. I checked the spark plug wire, OK, the kill button, OK, the fuses, OK. It has 1/2 tank gas and not by gauage. I may have to put it on the trailer and take it to the dealer who is 45 miles away. I would like to know if anyone might have a simple "fix" for something I have missed? Thanks! Richard
Sounds electrical to me. Could be a dozen things but you may want to check the fuse near your right rear tire (30 amp). Just follow the wires from your battery to a box on the frame just in front of your rear tire, there is a fuse there. You can pull your sparkplug and connect your wire to it and touch it to ground (side of engine) and crank it over to see if you are getting spark. If you have spark then you don't need to check the 30 amp fuse.

You may have sucked up some dirt into the carb too...

Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cat quit!

My money is on electrical too. Some machines don't have enough slack in the wiring that runs up the steering column, your problem could be there.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cat quit!

Originally posted by: TXchopper
Duhh!, same thing happened to me before - TURN YOUR GAS ON.

I should have thought of that sooner, I bet the gas is turned OFF.................

Old 04-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Cat quit!

thats a good idea buck, no one mentioned that, lol pretty funny if that was it

Old 04-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cat quit!

Ok, I will give TXchopper a break and assume its not the fuel.

There is a plug on the electrical system right underneath the front plastic by the steering shaft. I had a problem with it on my TRV (similar to the TBX). After my winch was installed, I drove it off the trailer, turned sharply and BAM! it quit working. Lights worked, it cranked, FUEL WAS ON, nothing.

I started checking the wires and found a plug going to the ignition switch had become punched by the small channel it runs through under the front plastic and unplugged itself. Plugged it back in (hard to do because of the lack of space for your hands) and it ran like a champ until it did it again. So I when I plugged it back in that time I put a bunch of silicone on the outside of the connection. Has done done it since.

If you have lights and your starter does not turn , then it is usually the 30 amp fuse inthe starter selinoid. It is located on the frame, under the right rear fender. The positive battery cable runs to it before going to the starter.

SJ