Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

drowned 700 mud pro .HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy drowned 700 mud pro .HELP

i have a 2010 mud pro 700 ..and i drowned it this weekend ,i have got the oil changed and clean ,cleaned out the drive belt housing ,now it runs good but will stall out and almost quit running.i have changed the oil...7 times,cleaned the air filter,i dont know what else to do any help....thanks

Old 09-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Firstly is there no water in your 7th batch of oil, I'm assuming not, and maybe you got some bad spark due to all of the water maybe you need new plugs. Other then that maybe the fuel isn't injecting well due to a blockage. Take the plugs out and turn the engine over and see if you can smell gas. If you can't then gas isn't getting in the engine. Also try revving the bike at startup and seeing if that will keep it running. The added gas may help keep it going.

You may wanna change the gear oil too, theres vents off the top that pry got submerged too.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

i never dealt with an efi drowning out but i agree with the above statement in changing the plug. also i am sure you have water in the system and i would try to run it and keep it running for as long as possible and let the engine burn everything through.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by weez440
i never dealt with an efi drowning out but i agree with the above statement in changing the plug. also i am sure you have water in the system and i would try to run it and keep it running for as long as possible and let the engine burn everything through.
I haven't either but I know a person who did. And I thought I did one day when I first got the ATV I didn't know where the intake and belt vents were so i thought I drowned it for sure but then I looked it up and read articles about drowning and realized that you can go upto the racks. But the only mud I go in is about up to the frame. But it's real mud not the stuff with water on top its the thick glue like mud.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

i drowned mine last year. It took two days just to get it to fire up,but once it did,it did the same as yours. Put some seafoam in your gas(NOT THE OIL),this will help with water in the fuel and help lubricate the upper cylinder, pump and whatnot. Change your spark plug,moisture could still be fouling it out even if its new. Once its running just let it idle,the heat from the engine will help dry out any moisture left in the engine. Give about 15-20 min.,then slowly give it gas til it starts cutting out again. Keep doing this,it will eventually get to full throttle. Also,tilt it up on the *** end to allow water to drain out of the exhaust. you can do it running or not,but dont let it run for too long if you do on its *** end. You will need help doing this,or use your winch if you have one.

Another note,make sure your fan/radiator is not caked with dry mud,it will over heat