Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat customer service is a joke!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I have a problem with the switch that controls my Warn 2500 winch. There is a plastic retainer ring that holds the rocker switch to the housing. Of course I found out that it didn't work when I was in up to the frame. I had to rebuild the switch 4 times and in the end use a pocket knife to jump the contacts to get out. I called Warn and explained the problem. They said they would take care of it. Later I was called back and Warn said AC made that switch so the couldn't help. OK I can understand that. Then I called Arctic Cat's customer service number. I was on hold for about 45 mins. They have an option to leave name & number for a call back. I did that Tuesday. No call back. Today, Friday, I called again. I got to acutally talk to someone after 15mins. I explained my situation again. They basicly told me to contact my dealer. Not very helpful. I asked to see if there was a separate part number for this piece. I didn't think there would be, the part is inside to the switch. He came back on the phone and said I would have to buy the whole switch and harness to the tune of $59.50. I don't think I should have to buy the whole thing when the part that is bad is probably less than 5 cents. I told him how upset I am with their service. Had I known there would be this lack of respect I would not have bought an AC. They made no attempt to make things right.

Old 05-18-2002, 10:01 AM
TG1
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the lack of concern at AC. I've always been told that they would go the extra mile for the customer. I would talk to the dealer; they might be able to give you a new switch. The dealer I bought my Cat from went out to one of the display models and removed a small screw I needed for the fuel valve. It's the little things that a person will remember; hope things work out for you.

Old 05-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

don't feel alone lumpy,i've got 841 miles on mine and the axle tube broke away from it's weld,which wasn't correctly done at the factory,anyway the axle broke while riding,i also contacted ac's custumer service,which took about 30 to 45 minutes on hold,the guy i talked to acted like he did'nt give a damn about my situation,they really need to go back to the way they were,taking that extra step to make sure the custumers they have will be custumers they keep in the future!swampkat40

Old 05-20-2002, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer

Guys, you really need to contact your dealer with these issues. A good dealer can get things covered and make them right. If there is no misuse, they will cover things that are out of warrenty for a long time. I've seen Cat cover snowmobile claims after 4 years. A good dealer helps though. I've had my problems going through customer service as well. They really want you to go through the dealer network.

-jeff b.

Old 05-20-2002, 10:36 AM
Range Rover

I know, even on their website, thye tell you to contact your dealer for everything. I think that AC feels that the dealer is their and can see what has happened and is happening. It seems to be a pretty good system, unless you have a sorry dealer or your delaer goes out of business!!!

Old 05-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

I sent you a private message, get back to me I may have some info.

Old 05-23-2002, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

Well if it makes you feel better Suzuki isnt any better. They just plain SUCK!!! I wont buy another Suzuki product just for that reason. Jerry

Old 05-24-2002, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with you Lumpy that Arctic Cat Customer Service in Minnesota is a joke. I had persistent backfiring and stalling problems with my bike. The local dealer could not fix it, and had a poor attitude. Then they sold out to another dealer who had no trained mechanics. When I called AC, the rep was very cool, and only seemed interested in the minimum solution. I mailed a letter detailing everything, and she denied receiving it. I called the manager twice, leaving a polite message, and no call back. After an unsucessful fix by a third dealer, I brought the bike to a dealer in North Bay, ON. The mechanic took a personal interest in the problem, and I brought it 3 times to him and finally solved the problem. Fantastic attitude towards the customer. If it was not for that dealer (Carlson's), I would have sold the bike. Wish I lived in North Bay to be closer to them!
To sum up, if you don't have a dealer in your area who is customer oriented, don't buy! Head office does NOT want to hear from us directly. The six month warranty is also inadequate, particularly if you buy your ATV in the fall and can't use it in the winter, and the warranty is gone by spring.

Old 05-24-2002, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

I hear you longlake ,I couldnt said it better myself , bought my last one in dec , the 18 the warranty is gone , 385 miles , that anit much ,on a frist off quad ,

2002 400-i mine
2000 500-sp hers
1997-220-sons

Old 05-25-2002, 12:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Longlake: What was it that fixed the backfiring problem? I seen another post you mentioned it and said to ask how it's done. I replied, but can't recall the thread. Mine is a 2002, but it still backfires, usually when it's cold, but also once in a while when I'm coasting (slowing down). You can email me at mazdaman85@hotmail.com if you'd like. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat customer service is a joke!