ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

TIGER

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIGER

Dude, are you the original owner of that 80?? I remember back in 86, that bike ran 200 amateur at Cheniere Raceway on Labor day Weekend!! I remember the name on the back of the bike now!! THAT BIKE BENT MY GEARSHIFTER in the main!! in like the third turn or so.................................... WOW...... that is some kind of freaky!! I remember this like it was yesterday!! It was the only 80 in a group of 200X', that bike had to run with the 200 class because there was no other 80s running that day!? If you rode that day, you remember!

Old 03-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer
Default TIGER

I went to that track all the time back in the 80's, but no, that was not me. A boy by the name of Don Plunk was riding that trike, he had it untill the 3 wheeler racing days were over. Kinda cool somebody remembers alittle history on this little trike.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default TIGER

i wish they still raced them , now that I can, they stoped it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

went to that track all the time back in the 80's,
You did? I went there all the time from 86 until right before they closed it as well!! Did you happen to be riding a Tiger 200 back then during that time? I was riding a 200x and my dad was taking me un the weekends.. I remember that there was always this guy there that rode a Tiger 200..... He let me ride it one day, and I was like--"MAN this thing is FAAAASSSSSTTTT!!!" I was like 13 or 14 during this time... The guy with the Tiger was in his latter 20s I am guessing... Dam, was it you? This Tiger was there almost every time we went there!! My dad was driving a raggedy old yellow stepside chevrolet at the time....
My bike was pretty stock at first, w/some lawn mower tires.. LOL
Then I ended up getting a Chrome Kerker pipe, a bigger carb, a lightened flywheel, a +6 axle, lowered, and those Carlisle R/A tires and a few other mods but cannot quite remember... Was number 14..............

Old 03-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default TIGER

I also rode a 200X mostly stock except for a basanni pipe and lawn mower tires also, by the time I had a fully race modded 200x the racing was over, but yes I do remember the tigers there was a 80, 200 and a 250. We probably raced against eachother a time or two, pretty cool to talk to someone that ran at the same track I did back in the day. I lived about 2 miles from the track back then and only live about 3 miles from where it used to be now, I used to ride out there all the time. It was an open track back then, didnt cost a dollar to ride there, just load up and go. I'm 32 so were are probably around the same age.

Old 03-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

I be dam........ You rode the last race there for trikes? That was the only time I raced there.. The next year they only had quads and the track was soooo muddy it was pretty disgusting..
You rode at the old Stink Creek Raceway?
What about the indoor events at the end of the 80s?
What about now? Where do you ride now? Ever go to Oak Grove? Ever come to Lafayette and ride on the track on the Breaux Bridge Hwy?
PM me and perhaps we can arrange a ride together some time in the summer....
I rode the youth class back in 87 at the Monroe civic center, Was in there with a buncha kawasaki 80 conversions as well as a few 200s, were you in that class?
Do you know Boot Phillips?

Old 03-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default TIGER

I have been to the Oak Grove track a time or two and me and my bro are going there or LA Dunes within the next 2 weeks. Do you remember a place not far from the old Cheniere Raceway that was called the Sand Dunes, man that place was awsome. P.S. the only other track I raced at that you mentioned was the Monroe Civic center indoor event, I ran there 2 or 3 times back in the 80's

Old 03-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

I have been to the Oak Grove track a time or two and me and my bro are going there or LA Dunes within the next 2 weeks. Do you remember a place not far from the old Cheniere Raceway that was called the Sand Dunes, man that place was awsome. P.S. the only other track I raced at that you mentioned was the Monroe Civic center indoor event, I ran there 2 or 3 times back in the 80's

I have never been to the Oak Grove track, I have only heard about it from my Lil Bro..... He rides an 88 250R... LOL I bought the bike new back in 88, and sold it in 92.... To make a long story short it probably switched hands about 10 million times and about a year and a half ago or so my bro begin asking a reputable mechanic from the monroe area about it... He directed my bro to it, and he bought it for more than I gave for it brand a$$ new!! LOL.. He raced there a few times last year, as well as Red K in Minden.... He said the Track in Oak Grove is pretty nice.... Although he REALLY likes the one here about 10 miles from my house here in Lafayette.... Tiz a sweet a$$ track!!
I went to the Sand Dunes a few times back in the day.... They had some KILLER a$$ hills there.... but, now that I am older, I am perhaps and a lil wiser, I am not going to duning anymore.... I remember too many drop offs at the dunes.. I remember one time what I thought looked like a lil small jump, I hit and looked down upon being airborne and said UH OH!! IT WAS A LONG WAYS DOWN!! Thank god I was rolling pretty good and landed on the other side... I thought I was never going to land either!!!
I only want to ride the tracks..... BUT someone told me there was a MX track close to LA dunes.... I think that they run on Sat nights....?? I am not too sure though... It will be about a month before my bike is back together, so PM me with contact information and perhaps we can arrange a ride.... Besides the Tigers, do you ride a quad? If so what kind of quad? I am sure that you never take the Tigers out, I know if I owned one, I think I would take it out once in a Blue Moon, other than that I would keep it stored in my Garage and polish on it and admire it.... LOL, a true collectors item indeed!! A true ROCKET SHIP!!

WHAT class or classes did you run at the civic center? What were you riding? What color was it? I rode an 88 250R there the last year that it was true competition there, I think it was 89 maybe....