Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adelanto GP

collarbone,neck, and eye socket....

Old 03-05-2004, 09:27 PM
NGR
Weekend Warrior
Default Adelanto GP

Wow! What can I say. Thank so very much for all of your concerns and prayers. We are very very lucky. This was an unfortunate accident. We all know how dangerous this sport can yet this was denfintly a freak accident. The kid that hit him is #6 and he looked at me on Sunday and told me yet I did not get his name. If anybody knows who he is please let him know he is not at fault. Racing is Racing. We would just like to talk to him!

As far as Nic. We again are very blessed. He has a broken neck (again not paralized) of which he will be in a C-collar for a while. We will see the nerosugeon on Monday. He has a snapped left collar bone and separated right shoulder. Three broken ribs. And a fractured left eye socket (no injury to the eye And a fractured T11 in his spine and a bruised right hip (along with ever other part of his body brusies).

For anybody that has thought twice about not wearing a helmet I would like for you to see Nics. It is destroyed. It looks like it was dropped on a freeway and ran over by a semi. The mouth piece is cracked on both sides. The Visor is completley ripped and the shell is split in three pieces! So please always wear you helmet!

We would like to say a special thanks to Greg and Jamie Stuart and their friends from the IE. They never left our side and they got me to the hospital to be with Nic and they even brought us home safe.

I would personally like to thank Darrel Patton for holding my husband when I could not be there.

And to Carl Moore with ACE racing and his family for the support of getting everything home for us and the calls of continued concern.

I would like everybody to realize that we are all truly one big family in this sport and this is a story that proves that!

Thanks again

Taci Granlund

Old 03-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Adelanto GP

I've had my fair shares of accidents while racing quads. But nothing like Nic's. What Happen? Did he get run over by another quad after he crashed? Everyone I know in the quad industry or racers have been talking about Nic and wish for the best. We were all shocked when we heard the news. Best of luck and prayers to Nic.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Adelanto GP

Taci...I wish you and Nic all the best and Hope to see Nic back on the track soon. Your right..racing is racing and injuries are a risk we are willing to take. We accept that risk everytime we strap on a helmet and straddle our quads. Glad to hear his injuries, though many, aren't too serious. My thoughts are with you and Nic for a speedy recovery....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]