ATV Videos Post and view entertaining videos running the gammut from spectacular crashes to crazy stunts to everything else involving a quad.

Pulse Raising Deer

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 11:36 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Pulse Raising Deer

We all know there's a risk of tangling up with the critters of the forest every time we ride in the woods but this close-call clip is reminder as to just how quickly it can happen:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/v...ng-close-call/

Old 02-21-2019, 12:36 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's one of the reasons I don't like to ride fast. There are thousands of deer in each county I ride in.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:47 PM
Range Rover

I did something very similar on a CR 500 dirt bike when I was younger. Myself and a group of riding friends were playing a game called "Follow the Idiot". This is a game where one person leads, and the others have to keep up, while following the leaders exact track. The leader tries to find the most difficult terrain possible, and goes as fast as he can. If he can lose the rest of the people following him, he wins. If he cannot lose them in 5 minutes or so, he has to take the last place in line, and the person second in line takes over. Anyway, I was leading, trying to go as fast as I could through virgin terrain that was sage brush, cedar trees, and rolling sand hills. I had been accelerating hard through a clearing in the trees when a buck deer came out of the trees right in front of me. I turned hard left, and he turned hard right, but we still managed to softly side swipe each other. Neither of us fell, but we both had quite a story to tell afterwards.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:38 AM
THE BERMINATOR

I was talking to a younger guy on the trail one day who said he hit a deer while going wide open on his grandpa's Sportsman 500 and totaled it out. If a deer can total out something that heavily built I don't think a sport quad would fare well at all. Maybe it would hit and crumple up, or maybe it would be like when a car hits a moose and the hood goes right under it and you get a face full of venison. Either way it's bad news.