Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

How about a Sport/Ute?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about a Sport/Ute?

I would start a new thread (or do a search) for people who recently bought a BF 650i, what they paid, and where. I'd do it here and another forum. Call other dealers up to as far away as you are willing to drive. Tell them you are ready, you've done your homework, you don't need their sales time, just a price and if it is a good one, then you are coming by and buying it from them! No need to be rude but be forward....they work hard for their money, I know you do too. You won't get ripped off doing your homework, like you are now. I'd have to think you can get that quad less than MSRP.

On a side note, before calling the dealers, call your local banks, credit unions...etc to at least ask questions on financing....that is if you are financing the quad. Ask about the rate, terms, pre payment penalites (there shouldn't be any) and overall cost...meaning borrowing $6,000 over 2 yrs actually will cost me $6,900 over the 2 yr loan...as an example. Not doing this or caring subjects yourself to thinking you got a deal on the quad but they will screw you on financing. Like buying a car, ALL THREE have to come together, trade in, financing, and the price of the vehicle. They'll give on one and screw you on the other unless you are paying attn.

My 2 cents...