Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

ANAM Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANAM Cycles

Just a Heads up is all!
I purchased a Hi-Bird 250 Utility ATV from ANAM Cycles (in OK/on web).
The unit itself seems to be worth the cost of admission, as I figure since it cost a third of a Honda, if it lasts half as long, I'm ahead.
My issue is WHO to NOT give your money to for it - that being ANAM!!
This company is obviously one that simply takes your money & promptly forgets about you.
I took delivery of the bike on a Friday. On Sunday I sent their "suppoort" (ha!) an email carefully listing out each issue involving mis-assembly, including those that prevented me from even starting/riding it (even included picts).
With no response, the following Tuesday I re-sent it adding - "Please respond".
& get a really stupid (obviously a delay tactic)...

Will check on it
thanks
daniel

After numerous emails & them only telling <u>me to be patient</u>, bottom-line is after 2 weeks & 2 days I get tired of their lies & nonsensical responses & decided to take my chances at shorting out the entire electrical system by jury-rigging it enough to at least get it started.
This brings my time into it to over 12 hours.
Emailed them again reducing my list to the ONE item (starter solenoid) that was required, even stating I didn't care about all the other stuff (fenders, brake cables, lights, misc. broken/damaged parts/cosmetics) I'd listed originally, only to be completely ignored - again.

So, if you like giving your money to useless incompetents that will take it then ignore you, then throw it to ANAM.
If not, please tell your friends to find a different dealer & if there is justice maybe ANAM will have to close their doors. They don't deserve to be called a - Dealer!

Completely on my own with this mess & hoping to help others avoid the same fate...

Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ANAM Cycles

Someone else here bought a Chinese POS Hi-Bird and it was missing parts, misaligned, and basically just fell apart on him. What do you expect from something built by children and slaves? Quality? A quad you can actually ride at least once? Buy any brand from anywhere in the world other than China. It's much cheaper in the long run. Your dealer knows he sold you a POS and that's why they ignore you.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ANAM Cycles

Stepmed,
I also am having problems with the company I bought a BMS 400 from. the company is called County Motor Sports out of Clovis, Ca. I bought off the web. Parts were missing and the electric shift quit working some of the time. Same tactic from service manager, "I'll get back to you on this". Well its been two months now and still the same tactic, only now the owners wife has said that I am abusing their help system for emailing them every week still looking for an answer. I should have known better. The best price is not always the best deal.
IKE

Old 06-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ANAM Cycles

So by that logic it's ok for an AMERICAN "dealer" to sell a product (regardless of who manufactured it), take your money & run? & we wonder why this country is in the dumpster?? In my book that's no different than a [illegal] scam artist!
My gripe is really more about people (such as yourself, jumbofrank) that fail to HEAR what's being said & respond inappropriately.
As I stated, this Hi-Bird is pretty much what one CAN expect for the discounted price.
BUT if an American dealer is selling a NEW vehicle (thereby profitting) the least they should be responsible to do is - make it RIGHT - if it's wrong.
THIS is called "Service"! Obviously there is good service & bad service, but if they ignore you - that's called NO service!
My sympathies to you, doco1, as you DO understand what I said.
Unfortunately, it appears you've now waited too long to dispute your purchase from you're "dealer", leaving you with no means of recovering from the REAL thief (Country Motor Sports), outside of the hard way - a U.S. Court.
This Post was NOT about the product purchased, rather the "middle-men" that believe it's ok to make a profit without any ramifications for their participation.
To my benefit (at this moment), it appears I've at least gotten my point across to the ANAM Support, as they've now promised me delivery of my needed parts by next Wed. - I intend to re-post here, the outcome of that promise.
& summarize now by saying - THIS forum (atvconnection) is a GOOD example of "American Service" & that it's really sad that there are people (ie: jumbofrank) that believe "Buyer-beware" is an acceptable approach for a legitimate "dealer" that has advertised a product, parts availability AND support, then ignore you when there's an issue with that sale.
doco1... keep hammering them!! If they stole your money then they deserve to be irritated to their very Soul! & YOU deserve to be made - whole! Best of luck to you!
jumbofrank... while your outlook/take may deserve YOU getting screwed, I wouldn't wish that on ANY American looking to give their $s to an American Dealer.
Product is Product. If it works - as Sold - THEN we got our money's worth.
If not, it's equivalent to being robbed! & last time I checked, that's STILL ILlegal here in America.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ANAM Cycles

Stepmed-
When I looking at the CMS website man they made themselves out to be the ones who invented good customer service. "everyone else tries to be like us". It turned out to be the nightmare that we all hope will not happen to us when we purchase sight unseen. The machine is just barely two months old. I have started a Better Business Bureau compliant on them. (yea big deal). But next step is the California Dept. of Consumer Affairs (they also have a "service Dept").
Don't give up. Can't be any worse off.
IKE

Old 06-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ANAM Cycles

GOOD FOR YOU doco1!!!
The worst way to lose is to give up!
& the best way to win is to expose the cheaters for what they are.
If we can spare 1 person from falling victim to such liars then the bad guys lose.
I for one will remember your issue & recount it to any interested in giving Country Motor Sports their $s.
Thank you for that! & again, Best of Luck in your battle against this EVIL!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ANAM Cycles

hello Stepmed,
Did you receive the parts for your machine as promised? Hope it will fix your problems. Thanks to your post I called BMS ( manufacturer) and spoke to the regional sales mgr. CMS said on their website that "if someone contacted BMS it would void the warranty. BMS was too busy to talk to us". What a crock. The sales mgr. could not understand or believe why County Motor Sports was doing this and will "look into it". It is a factory warranty and does not cost CMS anything!! He got involved and when I called him yesterday he said "parts should be on the way". If their not here soon to call him back and he will send everything I need direct from him. I'll believe it when they arrive!!
Any way, heres hoping that our problems with these dealers with a lack of integrity can be resolved and others will read about our dilemma with these people and hit them where it hurts the most: their wallet!! Don't purchase from them or you just might have the same problems.
Any body else, feel free to jump in here!!
Good Luck
IKE

Old 06-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ANAM Cycles

As a matter of fact, I DID (thanks for asking).
I had asked for a new starter solenoid (the <u>main</u> thing), a lower brake cable & a big bag of bolts, washers & nuts. Letting them off the hook for a new plastic fender.
I received: the solenoid (whew), an upper brake cable (wrong) & a tiny bag of bolts (without the nuts).
Bottom-line, I'm finished bothering with them & am satisfied enough to expend no more effort.
As jumbofrank pointed out, the Hi-Bird IS a chinese POS but I still believe it's worth the price difference. So now it's just a matter of how long it WILL last - only time will tell at this point.
Again, Best of Luck to you, doco1!! At least it sounds like you've found the right track to follow.
SO take note people... CMS SUCKS!!!