CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

OIL & clutch slipping

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OIL & clutch slipping

I run the Barnett 9 disk clutches and so does DSmike,and Roostinonyou. We have made Literally 1000's of passes on them and NO SLIPPAGE. I will say that SDmike has noticed some of the fibers in his oil, but still no slippage. I run the Barnett springs,and they run the HD springs.

BIgger.

Old 06-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

The TVI are like the RWs 60%. The Pami are much stronger.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

My Barnetts lastede two hard rides and them they were toast. The oil had a gritty like sand paper feel to it. Recently when I went to the stage three. I yanked the cylinder to just have a look at it. It was scratched perty good. Can't say that it was the sand paper like oil from the Barnetts that cused the scratches. But then I can't say it wasn't either. I can say that i WILL NOT CHANCE IT AGAIN. STock fibers work great with HD springs. Like I said though. I truly hope your experience with them is good. As you can see. Some folks have had no probs with them.

Old 06-25-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Eaglecollector
My Barnetts lastede two hard rides and them they were toast. The oil had a gritty like sand paper feel to it. Recently when I went to the stage three. I yanked the cylinder to just have a look at it. It was scratched perty good. Can't say that it was the sand paper like oil from the Barnetts that cused the scratches. But then I can't say it wasn't either. I can say that i WILL NOT CHANCE IT AGAIN. STock fibers work great with HD springs. Like I said though. I truly hope your experience with them is good. As you can see. Some folks have had no probs with them.
Ditto - Next time buy your HP4 by the case - I did!

Old 06-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks a bunch,

I really appreciate eveyones input. This is a great forum. I had purchased my Barnetts from Alba Action, and I got them to exchange them for stocks with RWR 60%ers. I talked with RWR and they agreed that if you are always riping the motor apart and tinkering, then the carbons would be fine, with plenty of oil changes. But the stocks with the stronger springs are working flawlessly on machine with up to 129 hp. All I can say is Holy S$#%. 129 hp. I could imagine you would need some bungi cords attached so when pop the clutch in second gear at 8000 rpm, you have something to sling shot you back to the seat. That has to be the only Quad out there that he can roost himself. lol Anyway, thank for all the help,

DStroyer,

Incoming from Alba, ( stage 3 pipe, race cams, 45mm carb, accel pump, stock clutch 60% springs, titanium valve springs)