CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS cutting out and stall; Gas pissing from vent tubes..Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003 | 12:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default DS cutting out and stall; Gas pissing from vent tubes..Help!

If you are having trouble starting like the others said clean your air filter and try a new plug. I noticed your in Atlantic Canada and being from there too I know you should have a outter wear. There is too much dust around here.... the filter needs the help of an outter wear to protect your motor. For the types of conditions in atlantic Canada I bought a foam UNI filter that worked great.

Thats my two cents

Old 08-13-2003 | 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

I respectfully disagree
Not trying to start a debate here but I am curious how contamination from the intake circuit could enter the fuel delivery circuit. Fuel flows in a one way fashion from the tank to the needle and seat controlled by the float position. Airborne particles flow into the venturi for fuel atomization on it's way to the combustion chamber. Although reversion takes place in the intake tract I fail to see how contamination can get past the needle and seat moving upstream against fuel flow to hang the needle open.

I am not trying to be a butthead here, I am just trying to understand your disagreement.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003 | 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I come back a day later and there are 25 new posts on this topic and a possible argument. I would have to agree with Ken on this one. The intake track has nothing to do with the fuel path. I guess it is possible (just cause anything is possible) for dirt to flow through the filter, enter the carb, make a U-Turn, travel against the air velocity, enter a metering vein or a fuel vein, travel against the flow of air or fuel, past the fuel coming out of the bowl and lodging in the needle seat. Possible.......

I absolutely agree that the outer wear should be used.

For those that don't think that the carb tear-down is neccessary, Spinner has been messing with this carb for some time now. As he stated in his post, it's the only real problem that he's really had and it's been a problem since he got the machine. In my VERY EXPERIENCED opinion, I believe that he needs to start fresh with a GOOD tear down and R&R the carb. Replace the stuff that doesn't seem to function right or at least give it the old college try. If that isn't an option, buy one of our stock carbs and have fun! This is not worth the agrevation he's had over the last six months. Spinner has come along way, and has become a voice around our forum. Not a bad voice but a good voice and has learned a great deal. I'll even offer-up my stocker carb for his use if the 45 has got him by the short and curlies.

Let us know what you want to do Spinner.

Also, Hightower brings up a good point as well. I have ALWAYS used inline filters on all of my machines. Pump and Gravity fed.

Get those DARN vavles checked. Every time you eliminate a possibility, the answers come easier and easier.

Good Luck Spinner.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]