CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This is too funny!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003 | 11:51 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default This is too funny!!

Well I just spent most of the day riding with my friend.. We were riding to the nearest town and I let him lead because I was unfamiliar with the trail and he knew the best way there... Now I'm stressing that I was very unfamiliar with the trail. He was quite a ways ahead of me and the trail was rough and had lots of tall grass. SO I'm in 3rd gear going pretty good and I come around this long sweeping corner and I see him stoped and waving his arms and yelling at me to stop.. Well at the time i didn't know what the hell he was bitchin about but and I hit a small rut and I looked down in front of me and the tall grass disappeared and I came to a 3 foot deep and 3 foot across washout causeed by rain. I had no time to react and I hit it and my front end dropped in and I go fliying over the bars! I let go of the bars when my feet were straight up in the air like a "heart attack" possition and i go flyin and land flat on my back... It didn't hurt much and I didn't do anything except sit straight up, took off my helmet and looked at my friend and said, "That felt good" (sarcasticly of course) We both busted out laughing our A$$'s off!!

No damage was done to the almight Bomb except a little ding in one of my new rims! I was seriously expecting bent to hell a-arms and other damage, but not a scratch except the little ding in the rim... I was happy to see nothing bad was done... I know if it was any other "underengineered" quad I would be paying high $$ for new front end components... that's why I love my "heavy tank"...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

This was just so funny and this is good times at work ladies and gentalmen, and I just wanted to share a priceless moment to me.....

Old 08-15-2003 | 11:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

glad to hear no damage to you or the quad.

Old 08-16-2003 | 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

i hate when that happens....i was riding through tall grass once bout 3rd gear and there just happened to be a log there. got 7 stitches in my foot...the moral is do not ride fast in tall grass...unless u want to...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Rob

Old 08-16-2003 | 12:23 AM
|
Pro Rider

The funny thing is, I never do hit anything in tall grass when I'm going slow.... I just can't win... As me being just so lucky as my first comment in my signature states, lol..

Old 08-16-2003 | 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Do you run a spark arrestor in that tall grass?
When I was a kid my cousin dumped his mini bike in tall dry grass and it lit off his header. Those grass fires can move pretty quickly.

Old 08-16-2003 | 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Better you than me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2003 | 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I don't mean to bring you down but a little faster and it could have been the worst day of your life with a busted bike and a broken body. I nailed a boulder in tall grass and thought I was okay till My 350X landed on my leg. I wonder what another 200 lbs of DS would have done to my ankle.