CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pics from Silver lake dunes, and question on engine painting

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics from Silver lake dunes, and question on engine painting

first off we just got back from silver lake for the second time and i now have a link to the pics

Silver lake pics

only about 4 of those pics are from this current trip, the rest are from the last trip. (i went with 2 other utilities...lol)

of course where is the camera when you actually have a chance for a good jumping/power sliding shot? most of the pics show crappy jumping spots, but the one where u can actually see sky under me is more of a flat jump...only goes about 4-5 feet high but 20-25 feet in length (those are the kind of jumps we usually hang around the most)

ok to the second question....i know someone in here (maybe more than one) painted (highlighted) thier engine blocks with orange/yellow paint.... i have been meaning to get around to this but havnt....

i could use the info on where to get the paint (ive checked a few hardware stores for heat resistant paint for over 200 degrees but havnt had much luck matching with the orange...
i did see a yellow ds that had a powdercoated yellow frame/arms and had PAINTED his entire engine block... it looked ok...but somewhat goofy... i plan to just highlight the words rotax and bombardier and the small stuff.... (should i use a very finely tipped paintbrush or somthing else?)

ill do a search to see if i can find more info but any help is appreciated!

R00ST

Old 10-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

ok i accidentally set the folder to "private" so i changed it to public but it still isnt showing up on the "public" viewing page....
it should be working by tonight or tomorrow but let me know if it dosnt

Old 10-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Damn Mike, your a stud on those pics. Hot damn... Shexy beast.

All jokes aside, nice pics and nice quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

I need to go to thoses Badlands some time....Silver Lake too...

Old 10-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hope this help on the paint http://www.por15.com/subcat.asp?id=4

Old 10-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

well i know a guy who painted the letters on the side of the motor n has picts in his gallery [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], he used car paint, sanded the letters, put a very thin first layer, and then about 4-5 more coats after, still holding up great

Old 10-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

ya i had pm'd him about it and he gave me info but that was a few months ago and i dont have his pm anymore....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

o and thanks jeff....lol i keep forgetting my prom pics are marked as "public" its funny...cuz i link ppl to the badlands or silver lake pics...the badlands pics have like 150 view...and the prom pics have like 500 or somthing...

anyways.... ya u should travel the what.... full day drive to come to silver lake? lol

i use to question if its worth the 5 hour drive that i have to make.... (now that i ride with sports i have realized YES...YES IT IS!)

Old 10-15-2003, 08:20 AM
sam
Pro Rider

Roost,
do you have Paddles at silver lake? It dont look like it. I didnt have paddles when I went I had alot of fun with out them . my cuz that had haulers on his Baja hooked up to well might as well been on dirt. all though drag racing stunk I couldnt hook up as well as others. I gess thats the trade off.
my engine paint is a orange enamle I bought at True Value hardware Ill get you a name and color code asap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: R00ST
ya i had pm'd him about it and he gave me info but that was a few months ago and i dont have his pm anymore....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]o and thanks jeff....lol i keep forgetting my prom pics are marked as "public" its funny...cuz i link ppl to the badlands or silver lake pics...the badlands pics have like 150 view...and the prom pics have like 500 or somthing...anyways.... ya u should travel the what.... full day drive to come to silver lake? loli use to question if its worth the 5 hour drive that i have to make.... (now that i ride with sports i have realized YES...YES IT IS!)
I think he meant himself... lilnotts has painted letters...

Or maybe you got it and I'm just dumb....Whichever.

Old 10-16-2003, 08:21 AM
sam
Pro Rider

roost
if you want orange this is the paint I used from True value it called X-O Rust oil based interior/exterior enamel # XO-27 Orange Ive had it on for 7 months and still looks good. It takes a very,very steady hand though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]