CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46???

Lectron refered me to Fast by Gast who is there official distributor. It seems that all Lectrons go to FBG before being redisrtibuted. FBG also sets up the carbs per the buyers request depending on which mods you already have. I aksed about a Lectron 46 HV powerjet and they told me the 46 does not come in a HV model. Also there price for the 46 was $423 out the door. They offer the 44 powerjet for 299. The 44 HV powerjet is 314. After talking to the tech for a bit they told me that a few DS owners have bought the 44 from them. 299 seems like a good deal to me.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46???

1. Lectron has about a half dozen distributors, FBG is one. Not all carbs go through them

2. The 46 does come in an HV, exclusive to Mister HP, specifically for the DS650, with several features not available from the other distributors specifically to work on the DS650, pretuned.

3. When you say that Lectron referred you to FBG, what phone number did you call? Lectron refers ALL Bombardier DS650 customers to Mister HP. If you were on the "Lectron" website, you were actually on a FBG website under the Lectron name, because Lectron does not have a website.

Do a search on this forum and you'll come up with lots of info on this.

Old 01-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46???

I wasnt trying to knock Mr. HP. Was just wondering why the Lectron 46hv from him costs so much. Especially when the HV on the carbs only adds around 15-20 bucks. Fast by Gast has sold quite a few carbs to DS owners and they set them up to your liking.

Old 01-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46???

If someone wants to get a carb from another Lectron supplier, go get it. It is not going to be the same as what Mr Horsepower sell's.

But, if you need help tuneing your carb, you better call the people that sold you the carb. And if you need to buy other needles, remember that you saved money with the people that you purchased the carb from.

There are many lectron dealers. This is how I would recomend the dealers from what I have read on the internet.

Packard: two stroke Banshee, cranker motor sand drag bike's, and 250R drag race bikes.
Fast by Gast: 1/4 mile nitro burning motorcycles, Banshees.
?I think four stroke tech or something like that: 400ex, TT raceing, MX style quads.
And there is one big dealer that specializes in snowmobiles and has also put them on a big chainsaw for competition: They call their's the Megatron, but it is still a lectron

This is my opinion. I have read and done a lot of research on the web for the lectrons and this is what I have read. I am not pushing you or anyone in one direction or another. Just remember that whoever you decide to be your supplier, you should be happy with and can discuss the lectron and what it will and can do in all situations.

DuneDevil

Old 01-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46???

I just ordered my lectron from mrhp. I would'nt care if there were a hundred different suppliers of the lectron. I would have spent more from mrhp to get it from him if I had to. I have tuned my stock carb to almost every possible combination possible. the only tuning that I was satisfied with was mrhp set up. spend your money now and be done. or, spend a little now and a little later along with a head ache or two. I prefer to be done the first time.

Old 01-24-2004, 02:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46???

DSJobber,

Do you remeber MRDS650? (Yellow DS, he was tent camping right beihnd Tony's trailer, he was hanging with me a good amount?) He has the 46HV. You and I never raced, but your bike is fairly stock like mine. On a bad start He would pass me at the top of Olds. On a decent start, he would have 5 - 6 bike lengths on me, and still pulling away fast by the top of Olds. I think if his bike was setup for hill shooting, and he got a perfect start that he could have pulled me by 10 bikes. I rode that bike for a couple of runs and through the whoops I had to let off the gas to keep the front end from touching the sky - On my DS I can keep it pinned without worry about that. After riding that ATV I'm going to be ordering a 46HV from one of the two possible suppliers - that was too good of a power to money spent ratio to pass up. I wanna be able to wheelie up Olds! Oh and I KNOW you like billet parts - I'm going to spend the extra buckage and get a billet thumb throttle to go with it as well!

Old 01-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Lectron 46???

3. When you say that Lectron referred you to FBG, what phone number did you call? Lectron refers ALL Bombardier DS650 customers to Mister HP. If you were on the "Lectron" website, you were actually on a FBG website under the Lectron name, because Lectron does not have a website.

bump