CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

730 vs 800

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 730 vs 800

On the 770 you have power from 1000 to 7000 just wick the trottle & it pulls. In the dunes that can be a blast!!!! Cool to be in third gear going up a steep hill at low rpms[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Since I got the 760 I've never had more fun in the dunes. Unfortunately, they also have never seemed so small too! I find myself looking much further ahead and changing my riding style. I used to go up and down the steepest hills, now I go up them and use my momentum to keep me on the hill as I go horizontal on the steep dunes. I'm looking for the biggest bowls I can find.

I haven't ridden a 720 but before this I had a 680 with a race head. For the kind of riding I do, I love the stroke!

However, I wouldn't be the first to try out a new stroker. I went with the higher cost Pami kit because I wanted what was prooven. I think the jug that Mr. HP has put together looks great but, who else has this kit? Have you seen one run?

Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from Mr. HP I just would like to see someone on the West Coast run one of these before I would put the $$$ out for one. There look to be a lot of people going to Sand Mt., NV for Memorial Weekend. Seems like that would be a great time to show your stuff! I'll shoot video and I'm sure someone here can post it on the web. If he needs a bike to show off on, I'll install it in my buddy's DS and take it out after the weekend (if he doesn't want it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).

I'ld go with the 730 until I knew more about the stroker kit.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Ideally if I could see 3 dyno curves comparing the stock motor, 726 and 800 it would make my choice that much easier. I wouldn't be looking at peak power, more at where the power comes in at. I assume the 726 with the 14:1 will have more low end power then my stock engine and yet still have the ability to rev high. Sandbomber mentioned the ability to lug his stroker motor, I currently can do that with my stock motor and still have enough torque at low rpm. Will I loose that ability to lug the 726?

I would like to do the 726 first see if I am content and if I still want more I could always add the stroker crank latter. The problem with that route is the valve size and cam selection will be tailored to the 726. I don't want to do cam and head work twice!

The other issue I am having is that I plan on keeping the stock swingarm ( I want to keep the same handling and air characteristics). I doubt with the stock length swing arm I will be able to really utilize the torque of the 800cc motor.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default 730 vs 800

Don't be shy STROKE IT !!!!!!

Old 04-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,, huh huh.. You said stroke it... huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh

Old 04-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Stroke = Torque, Torque = power, power = speed, speed = [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
do you want topend power or low/mid torque? how many RPMs do you want to turn? the extra long stroke will limit RPMs.

I know of a stock bore, stock stroke DS, stock valves, on alky making 80RWHP. It can turn over 12,000RPM.
Could I have a copy of the dyno runs for my files and comparisons?

The 800cc is not a play motor. Serious race only. This kit will only go out the door if Mr Hp assembles it in his shop. It will be powerful!!

I consider Mr Horsepower to be one of the top ATV engine builders in the U.S., and THE top DS650 engine builder. Has he done anything questionable or unethical yet? If you don't trust him, he is not going to be comfortable building your engine, anyway.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

[quote]
Originally posted by: 222
Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW

I consider Mr Horsepower to be one of the top ATV engine builders in the U.S., and THE top DS650 engine builder. Has he done anything questionable or unethical yet? If you don't trust him, he is not going to be comfortable building your engine, anyway.

WOW! I gotta call BS here. You are saying Mr. HP is THE top DS650 engine builder. It will take two more years for him to even try to take that from who it belongs to right now!

Based on what! Who is running his big bore jug? I haven't heard of anyone stepping forward saying they had it installed and were winning races.

222, this post is meant for you because I haven't seen Mr. HP post this kind of cockyness. Again, I will say, I am not trying to take anything away from him but, there is one top DS assembler in the US and that is the Preacher (yes, that is My opinion, he isn't the type that would even ever read these forums.) And until prooven otherwise Team Pami is the top manufacturer of parts for the DS.

Again, Memorial Day Weekend at Sand Mt., NV if you want to show what you can do!

Old 04-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

I know mario has dedicated alot of time and research for Mr Hp , and duneme you lost to him by a couple bikes ...so theres your first taste of what;s to come, but mario also praises the preacher and heard alot off good things about him..

And i believe randall said he is one of the best not the best..

Old 04-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Check out my quote. "THE top DS650 engine builder"

Mario's 720 (built by Preacher) of either Sam Coe or TVI parts (don't know which one) did beat me. Mario has built a great hill shooter and I have built a great duner. That is all I will say but, anyone that has really looked at these two bikes will know there is a lot that goes into winning a drag race. Don't make Pami sound slower than TVI, etc. because a rider has choosen to build a duner rather than a hill shooter then loses a race. I expect to lose to Mario anytime I run into him because he is a better hill shooting rider and he is a better person at setting up a hill shooting drag bike than I am. That isn't on the builder though.

Sam, I'm not getting on you. Ive been on these forums for about 3 or 4 years now and I've seen Knutz and Sam Coe come and go. I am NOT putting Mr. HP in that group at all, I just haven't seen his stuff run. Again, who is running his new jug? This is like saying a High School kid is one of the best NBA players. He needs to get into the NBA and play and show he is one of the best before a statement can be made that he is one of the best NBA players.

Pami, Ron Wood & TVI are the top DS aftermarket parts suppliers. There aren't any others until there are prooven installations. Mr. HP may end up being on the top of the list but, again. . . who is running his piston and jug??? Who has his stroker motor??? Who has raced against these???

I would say (using my sports analogy) KMSTurbo and Mr. HP are the top draft picks. They both have a lot of potential but, we won't know until they show up in the big games.