CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

730 vs 800

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 730 vs 800

I guess I need to jump in. I represent Pami, Ron Woods, NOS, and now MrHP. I run Pami motors with the best of the rest. The Preacher does all my tranny and Pami assembly. Pami does all the pre setup for assembly.

MrHP, 222 and my self are not know out west But I sure the people from TX, MO, ARK, TN, KY, IL are trying to forget us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Along with some of the bikes that we have put together. We may not always be the fastest but we will always get your attention.

I am looking forward to all the new projects coming out this year. I know there is going to be a learning curve though all this. This is what separates the winners from the rest.

Right now my 760 is faster than my 830 but thats because the 830s are rare the 760s are not. I don't mind pushing the 760 harder. The 830 is faster in a short distance because of the set up.

Old 04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Jeff:

I don't mean to come off sounding like an A-hole on this. I just want the forums to be honest about what is out there. There are a lot of people that read but, don't post and wouldn't know what questions to ask. Some of these people don't have the money to go through what you and others went through with Knutz and Sam Coe.

What is 222 running? I've never seen or heard of how his runs. Have you tried one of the new Mr. HP jugs? Thoughts, impressions? How does the power rate compared to a 760 (where bike set-up and rider are equal?)

Thanks for chiming in!

Old 04-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Originally posted by: 222
The 800cc is not a play motor. Serious race only. This kit will only go out the door if Mr Hp assembles it in his shop. It will be powerful!!
In another Forum where Mr. HP has his own section. He has openly stated the price of his stroker and never once hinted that he will only sell it if he installs it.

I started this topic not to create a flame war, just to get some good info before I do my engine build.

222, what is your relation to Eric? Eric's post are usually very informative and right to the point. Your post, especially your last one makes it sound like you are Eric's promoter for a boxing match.

If you don't trust him, he is not going to be comfortable building your engine, anyway.
Comments like this make me wonder if Eric said this or you.

Obviously I think Eric builds some quality parts, as I see in my 46hv, and I have enough faith in him that I already paid for my 730 kit. As an engine builder, I have never had any work done by him (yet), nor have I heard many comments on this forum regarding his engine work.

THEBOM, what is your relation to Eric? Are you just a dealer or is there more?

Who is the Preacher? I never heard of him being mentioned before.

I agree with DuneMe, it would be great to hear from people that have run Mr. HP engine parts, cams, stroker, big bore, what ever it maybe. I know I plan on doing a full write up when I install my 730kit.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default 730 vs 800

WOW frist i see duneme's point and say kudos for the honesty.
second mrhp is one up and coming builder and i do expect to see good things from his camp
third kms is an up and coming contender who i belive will be a player
fourth i would say the preacher(Ron is the no one ds eng builder by some margin)
Fifth i have a preacher built ds yard sale leftover dumpster digging azz kick name taking pami 760 that no 720 will ever touch or 730 now if you were to stroke it thats a dfferent story stroking is mean and the most potent bike i have seen to this date(was ignoring jeff here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) was a 733 stroker bad to the bone it was [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I hope to report on the 800 kit in the next few months

Old 04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

If everything works out this weekend I will be at Dumont tuning my Mr.Hp 730 with its new drag pipe. Mario will be there also helping me dial it in. When I get back I will let you know what this thing can do. Randal and Eric are both Very!! honest people, and as far as engine builders go they are top notch. I have been through SamCoe and TVI and now Horsepower Research. Through this process I have learned ALOT about the DS motor plus I have been turning wrenches for 20 years so I will say without a doubt that the Horsepower Research 730 kit is (FAR SUPERIOR!!!) than either if the other two kits I have had tried. When you know a thing or two about engine building and have been through what I have, you pick up the ability to cut though the ****!! And let me say that I had to use a pretty big knife with my last build (TVI)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Default 730 vs 800

222 and MrHP race mostly in KY and TN. 222 also races oval track and wins often. If you look up west Tenn Sand drags. One of them either won or took top elimanitor.

In Aledo MrHP won the 300ft and the 660 in the stock classes. 222 raced a bike, I'm not sure what all it had done and took second to me in open gas and open alky in the Aledo race.

I am no relation. I have know MrHP for a few year through racing cars. He has done some machine work for me. And now he sells for me and me for him. 222 I met threw MrHP at the West Tenn sand drag track. Business partners and friends. As far as 222 being a promoter, I think the salesman just comes out of him sometimes

I have not seen any of their new motors. I think there will be one unveiled soon at an up coming race.

The Preacher does not get on the forums. He is a nitro drag bike builder. The DS's are just work for him. He is very good!

I still like my Pami's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

BIGBAJA, Is your 730 running all Mr. HP parts or are you using some TVI parts? Do you have a HP research jug and piston? race head by HP research? HP research Cams?

Old 04-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Sandaholic: The cams, carb, cdi, and piston are MR.Hp's plus they reworked my TVI cylinder and built the motor. My head was ported by Cope Racing in FL. I am sending MR.HP a stock head to build from scratch and will be swapping out my cylinder as soon as they are ready. One more thought on cylinders if using a steel sleeve was the way to go on big bores than wouldn't PAMI (King of Reliability) be doing so?

Old 04-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default 730 vs 800

Thanks BIGBAJA for your reply. What compression piston where the dynos at? What kind of fuel? What size valves? Why are you going to swap out heads? You are the first person I have heard of running his cdi and cams.

One more thought on cylinders if using a steel sleeve was the way to go on big bores than wouldn't PAMI (King of Reliability) be doing so?
Who said steel sleeves are the way to go? If that was true, then wouldn't our stock cylinder have a steel sleeve!