CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TVI's 720 Piston

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Originally posted by: BIGBAJA
I know this will sound a little funny comming from me but I think AZ has a point. Everyone here knows that I have had some issues with some of the DS builders out there but one thing I can say is that making statments on the forum about someone will get you nothing but trouble. There will always be someone out there to counter what you say. If a builder is doing people wrong it will catch up to them in the end. Your best bet is to try and resolve your problems directly with the builder first. If this does not work then I would post the topic on the forum without naming names, that way you will get an unbiased responce. If the outcome is that you have been wronged (and you can prove it ) then you privately take them to court.

I get that piont aswell, but Entomber got all his info from here on the connection, and he made his decision to spend his hard earned cash based on what people in here told him about the TVI-720. SO why should he not share his disslikes about the kit here on the connection? I can bet if he would have came in here and praised Gary-TVI that no one would have a problem with that?? I think Entomber asked a very CIVIL question, and didnt not attack anyone. Just was wanting opinions from the same "EXPERTS" that sold him on the 720 to begin with. I am sure he can tune that quad to be better all around, but he will need our help also. It sounds like to me he had called Gary first with his issues, but was told that HE WAS TO CHEAP, and should have spent more money with TVI. Maybe TVI should have told him that BEFORE hand???

Sandman, I didnt mean to put you in the spot(sorry) I just remember you talking about your wifes DS hanging a little to close to your TVI 720 after you had gotten it back.

I have nothing against TVI or GARY, and I have NO affiliation with any other biulder. I see time and time agian in hear, that if someone is Happy about a product they get then everyone is happy, and the engine biulder make lots of money, But if someone questions that same engine biulder about something, then he is labelled a whinner. I think these engine biulders make alot of money of off the guys in this forum, and a few where even born here(as far as ATV's go). I hope that they can take a "JAB" every now and then when everything is not going 100% perfect for them, and have the Class to take the good with the bad.

JMO

BIgger.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Entomber, set your crank at TDC then check your cam timing. My guess is that it will be retarded (That + the compression is why you have no bottom end). You must!!!! set your deck height in order to get the correct cam timing. What base gasket do you have?? PM me yor PH# and I will help you. SANDMAN430, have your cams been degreed??

Old 05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

biggerisbetter, I agree, but it seems like every time you speak your mind on here there is always someone out there to discredit what you say. So why do it?? All it does is put you in a "HE said She said war". If Entomber would have posted this topic without refering to TVI than the outcome would have most likely been different. I am not saying that Entomber did anything wrong, I know his frustration all to well.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Range Rover
Default TVI's 720 Piston

The fact of the matter is that Entomber is not an "engine builder"! He has often posted and posted and posted about how to do things. cudos for him trying to build his own engine but it is obviously not working out to well. If he sent his motor to an "engine builder" and something was wrong the engine builder would need to take care of it.

I have had my DS modified by TVI. cams, shim under buckets, piston, clutch springs and am very satisfied with how it runs. If I wasn't I would take it back to the engine builder!

Old 05-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

So you are saying that the TVI 720 kit should only be installed by a "engine builder". If that is the case then it shouldn't be sold to the public.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

i think what dssleuth is saying is that not just anyone can put the kit together. i don't know what entombers skill level is, but if i were to buy a kit from any of the builders, i would probably have them put it together simply because my skill level is not that great and i would rather be safe when dealing with this amount of money. "the public" is a very general term. not everyone in "the public" knows their head from their a$$ (and i'm one of them when it comes to mechanics)

Old 05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Range Rover
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Originally posted by: bigslim78
i think what dssleuth is saying is that not just anyone can put the kit together. i don't know what entombers skill level is, but if i were to buy a kit from any of the builders, i would probably have them put it together simply because my skill level is not that great and i would rather be safe when dealing with this amount of money. "the public" is a very general term. not everyone in "the public" knows their head from their a$$ (and i'm one of them when it comes to mechanics)
exactly!

Old 05-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Don't get me started in here!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I can lay it all out for you if you want. But only if I am asked to do so. I have more time with R&D and money on here with these damn 720 kits than anybody!! With the exception with Annhilater and Big Baja and I think that they will attest to that. I like Gary alot and I think he is a good person and he has helped me with many things and for that I appreciate him. BUT, there are also times that certain individuals that know who they are boom, boom, bang should also stand up and admit their mistakes and honor their commitments. Now like I said, If you guy's want I will break it all down for you but I would rather not air out the laundry in public. But, it seems like that may be the only way to get the point across. You folks decide and let me know if you want " THe Truth" or the "X" file factor as I like to call it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Never no one make the mistake of thinking i was getting on entomber i was just venting from fustration of a new fad on here. Of thrash the old guy up with the new guy. when in fact after awhile all shops have tiny problems and not everyone can be made happy. In time some one will come on here talking down MRHP reasearch and i will fill the same i have never gotten any thing but parts from gary or more than likely. I will never get any thing but parts from eric or randy (because i belive if you can't get your hands around a mans throat don't let him Touch your engine) but thats my hang up!!!! But make no mistake I would and probably will build a TVI or a MrHp Someday !!!!!!

Ain't nuttin but a pami thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Range Rover
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Agreed AZ Sand. I'm not getting on Entomber either. Cudos again to entomber for trying to do his motor.

I don't like how engine builders get trashed on when things don't go right. there are many opinions out there about the same problem. We all try to help the riders out but it is hard when your not looking at the motor itself.

Way to go BigBaja for offering your help to entomber over the phone.

Quick Reply: TVI's 720 Piston