CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TVI's 720 Piston

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Mario what are you talking about D-Bag?! You think your the only one that got ripped off by Samcoe huh? MMMMMM!!!!!! I just tell it like it is. Anyhow it would take me a while to write about what I have to say and unfortunatley I don't have time to go into detail right now. I will post my comments as soon as I get to Wyo and get up on the net there, so bare with me until Friday. THanks.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Hey, did your bike grenade from the bottom up destroying every ounce of the motor????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????? IMO ya had a tough walk in the park you little biiisnatch.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

XOXO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 03:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

last year there was only samcoe and tvi, looks like tvi was the better deal, now we have mr hp things look good for him at this point.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Entomber, First I want to repeat that I wasn't picking on you, simply stating what I've seen and that is you wanted to complain about Gary every time you posted about your motor. Now you admit ed you have complaints and let them out don't you feel better? Kind of therapeutic isn't it? These forums are great because you can bring up your concerns and the builders or there associates can give their side. This is a great forum and Joe1l I don't know if what forums you've been reading but the Bomb forum is the only one I've seen where things don't degrade quickly into a pi$$ing match.
Did my post make it seem like I was upset? Not in the least. I think I've helped by getting Entomber to vent and maybe Gary can jump in and help get some things settled such as the piston issue. Signs huh, with a name like Entomber I thought you were a mortician. The only thing I could see in my post that could seem harsh is calling people clueless and that refered to a whole lot of people, none of whom I'm sure ever frequent this forum. Entomber you're more like clue defficient but at least you're willing to learn.
Mysterdick

Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Originally posted by: MisterHP
Entomber, Dont waste your money on a compression tester it only measures cranking compression. 222 has a 350x engine that is 15:1 compression and only has 50psi of cranking compression because of the tight lobe centers on the camshaft. In other words many variables come into play when using that type of tester.
It is really meant to be used as a baseline when an engine is fresh and then for example one year later to see if the engine is loosing valve seal or ring seal etc. It originated for the multiple cylinder engine (V8) to check each cylinder against the other since they are all the same.

I'm quite suprised that none of the "experts" in all their wisdom have mentioned this to you.

Static compression ratio is a mathmatical measurement and has nothing to do with cranking compression.

MrHorsepower

MRHP your wrong. sorry buddy. not for the mild street setups we have. good luck at aledo, LOL. if he doesn't want to spend ~$85 on the compression tester to resolve this crap once and for all, he can borrow one. it's the intake valve closing angle that is a big factor in the cranking pressure, do your homework! I heard there will be a few lessons waiting for you at Aledo. Great customer service - no response to my inquiry about a wheeliebar and override. hire some help if you can't get product out the door.

Old 05-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Not getting product out the door,

Hes done extensive work on my DS head, and it is here right on time. Not to mention, it looks fantastic!!!!

Great job Eric. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

Gary

Old 05-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Range Rover
Default TVI's 720 Piston

Entomber Help us out here! In one post you state

"I'm not knocking Gary's business in any way.".....

Three posts later you state

"After reading mystereid post it has driven me to speak out and not hold back. I've been complaining about my kit from Gary from the beinging because

1- The box he shipped it in he DID NOT wrap the piston up. It came from UPS nicks all over it. No wrapper around the piston no bubble wrap. Before I put the kit together I had to file the piston down so it doesn't leave gashes on the cylinder walls. Considering I've ordered pistons before it was pretty much sub-standard way of shipping it.

2- I had UPS drop off and pick up my kit via my company's account. Somehow (tho I will admit TVI has attempted to call me which I never did get around to getting back to them) Gary decided to charge me for shipping which caused a negative balance in my account. They did credit me the money but guess what? I still had to pay the unavailable funds because TVI took the money out of my account for shipping I PAID FOR".

If you received something you did not like (from any business) send it back!

The shipping issue - you got charged, TVI called, you did not return the call, your account was credited.

Your posts are getting very confussing. Your not knocking a business, then later you are. Your not happy about the shipping charges and don't call the business to contest the charges.

Sorry that you are receiving so much imput to your original question. Which is still probably up in the air. Others on the forum started the engine builder bashing from past or present experiences and their experience of buildinig their motors. I wish I could help you out more but my experience is very limited on the engine building side of things.

TVI/DS Works and Mr HP are running business for our DS's. Not everyone can run an engine building business, even though some think they can. So why bash the businesses on the public forum.

TVI/DS Works has proven 720's across the country. Mr HP is up and coming. These two companies are competing for our business.

We all own different products in life, Some own Chevy's some own Fords even some own hummers!

Here is a question to think about. Why would either of these two business want to sell products to people who bash them on a public forum?

Unfortunelity, TVI/DS Works and MR HP are not allowed to do much on these forums because of the rules that govern the forum. Plus they don't have the time to type responses to everyone. They can't even defend themselves without getting thrown off the forum.

Let's get back to the real problem of getting you up and running!

Leave the businesses out of it and if you got a problem with them, call the business!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default TVI's 720 Piston

1- The box he shipped it in he DID NOT wrap the piston up. It came from UPS nicks all over it. No wrapper around the piston no bubble wrap. Before I put the kit together I had to file the piston down so it doesn't leave gashes on the cylinder walls. Considering I've ordered pistons before it was pretty much sub-standard way of shipping it.
Same thing happend to me, Called the "bussiness" and was told to file down the piston. That is BS!!