CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Somebody has stolen my quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody has stolen my quad

This is a new site I just found, but everyone should bookmark it and start listing anything stolen here. If the database gets enough use, this will make it at least a little harder to steal ATVs & Quads...

http://www.stolencycles.com/

mudnuri,

Sorry about your loss. If you ever find the guy, and need help beating him into the ground - send me an email, I'll fly out so we can pound him. Also we should make it like a group thing and have a gang of angry DS650 owners beat on the thieves. Forget the cops - vigilante justice for thieves. Isn't there some part of the world where they cut off your hand for stealing?

Old 12-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mudnuri
OkAY!!!!! AN update.

I'm screwed.
Thank you everyone for the real support. This has been a rotton day for sure.
I am trying to be the detective that the cops are supposed to be. This is what I've found out.
There has been a string of ATV robberies in the last two weeks around here.
What I didn't tell you (the police said not to mention this part at the time) was that when I was looking around at the tracks in the grass where they loaded up the quad, there on the ground, where the passenger door would be, was the vehicle registration. It is for a black, Dodge truck. The guys name and address. Problem is he is from one county away. The police had to radio it in to the other county.
So you'd figure here is a cops dream come true. NO. After calling and calling this morning and half of the afternoon I finally found out that it takes 3-4 days to be entered in to the system. But, since it is Christmas it will take longer. Then, the detective the case was given to is on vacation for two weeks.
So, I go to the address and see it is a townhome in a kind of poor looking neighborhood. No sign of the truck and no sign of any ATV. So I call the sherriff with the tag #'s off of the cars in the driveway. He tells me that the truck was reported stolen this morning. THEY DON"T SUSPECT THE GUY!
Oh well. I would like to take this opportunity to say FUC! YOU THIEVING FA@GOTS!
Now I have 4 years of payments to make for someone else. Some low life punk who has no idea what I have to sacrifice to have a toy like that.
And to think we are at war trying to rid the world of cheap thugs. I get ripped off by my own people.
Thanks again for the words of encouragement. Maybe I'll see it on ebay.

Nice HELP from the cops. Up here in NY, it seems as though the quad owner is viewed as more of a criminal than the thief. Maybe the cops would take this more seriously if these same thieves started robbing the doughnuts from coffee shops

Old 12-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Okay I talked to a detective today and am going to an area right after i post this. The truck was stolen. The cops have suspects and made a positive ID and told me the approx location. I have to call Tuesday to continue because of Xmas. If I find the quad I will just call 911

Old 12-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

that is nasty!!! i hope you get insurance next time. i ALWAYS keep my toys, no matter how insignificant they are, in the garage. that way, the quad insurance (cheap, less than 200 a year!!) or the homo ners will cover it.

Old 12-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

And people wonder why I'm so paranoid ... my jetski's my quads and my bike are all Chained to the concrete in my shop with reinforced doors and deadbolts and I have a motion activated camera that is turned on at night or when i'm not home. I also have 4 camera's through out my house, One on the front porch one on the back porch and 2 inside the house. the outside ones Desquised as motion lights and the indoor ones look like smoke detecters. If not for the camera's someone would have made off with my tv and surround system about a year ago but because I have them my stuff was picked up within 3 hours of being stolen.You can never be too careful when it comes to your property... Also a good way to monitor babysitters and wives lol.

If anyone is intersted I can provide info on where to buy equiptment fairly cheap and how to run a network of camera's either into your pc or you can get a special vcr that can record up to 48 hours of footage and regulate between the camera's that are activated when they sense motion up to 8 camera's. Great investment if your house is left unattended for long periods of time. Like I said I would be out a $3000 Tv and a $ 900.00 Surround sound system if not for these camera's and I put a thief in jail not to mention two college kids vandalizing a car parked on the street in front of my house in june of this year got caught thanks to the camera's. I Paid roughly $700 give or take for this security system.

Old 12-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Btw .. sorry to hear about your Tragedy I hope you get your recon back and the thieves get whats coming to them.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Wow! I am not understanding what I've been told by the police. After my incident, the truck was spotted and a positive ID was made. They did not pull them over?? I don't know what is happening but the cops do seem to be on it more than I thought. I have to wait until midnight when the original officer goes on duty. This to me is also confusing. Without him, nothing can be done. So I have another hour and 15 minutes to wait.
I got a tip from the detective tonight. He said the thieves are in this certain area. My friends buggy was stolen and he had to recover it from this same area. I just got back from 4 hrs of canvassing that area. I talked to people and created some eyes for me. I was walking right up to the houses and asking if they had seen anything and to call me or 911 if they do.
Guys, I'm a bit of a neck myself, if you know what I mean. This area was bad. I mean banjo bad. This one road was a tunnel of overgrown bushes and trees. There was illegal dumping all over. I kid you not, there was a shack that was NOT meant to be a home, but it was. My friend that came with me kind of freaked out. We kept expecting to be ambushed by some not so friendly, toothless freaks.
AHhh, the search continues...

Old 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Hey! What about LoJack? How big is the unit? Could it fit on a quad? How much is it?

Old 12-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

disturbed, I'd like to know more about that security system, I've just started looking at them. Do the outdoor cams use infrared or does the motionlight come on?

Old 12-24-2004, 04:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I also saw a nice security system a client had installed, must have been about 12 cameras all motion activated, all feeding in color to a pc which had enough space to hold the video for about six months. I doubt it was a cheap system though. I plan to get something of this sort for my house when I finally buy a house.

Quick Reply: Somebody has stolen my quad