CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Whos Had Back Surgery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whos Had Back Surgery?

I didn't even think to look at the bike you have. I see you have an XR-75. I had one of those way way back. Boy I thought I was the **** riding that thing. Can't believe how slow it is compared to the bikes the same size made today! I remember when I was 13 I got a 125 Elsanor that I fixed and That thing would fly but when you compare it to the 125cc bikes today even it was slow. And look at how far the suspensions have come! If they had suspensions like todays bikes do maybe we never would have had back problems! I can still remember how rough a land was when you got about 10 foot of air. Today 10 foot isn't nothing! even at 15 the landing is soft and plush compared to the old bikes. Makes you wonder what the future will bring when it comes to Bikes and atv's! Whats next fully computorized suspensions, all air ride?

Old 04-14-2005, 04:54 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I have only sold 1 dirt bike since the boys were born. now 17/19. It was a QA 50 and I have regretted it ever since. Now I just keep them and add to the fleet. I have a very understanding wife. She thinks Im crazy, but she understands. The minitrail, xr75 and 200 are now mainly pit/camp toys. The 250's are what the boys ride and I ride the ktm everywhere except pismo dunes. The 500r now has a paddle tire and a flag mounted on it year round. the rest is what I refer to as the start of my museum.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yes the QA-50's! The second bike I owned. Wide seat, round looking tank and bubble tires. I thought I was the baddest kid in town until another boy got an MR-50. The first bike I ever had was an indian 50cc, not counting my Western auto special with the 5hp briggs. I'm going through Dirt Bike withdrawls right now! I enjoy the atv's but their just not the same. I can not get my balance down to ride a wheelie and I can't jump them as good. I wish I had kept the bikes I owned. Heres the onesI can remember.
Indian 50
QA50
XR75
CT90
XR100
125 elsinore
250 elsinore
CR250r
Husky 390
RM 465
TT 500
YZ490
YZ426
Plus a few street bikes. Looking back I can see I was a little rough on bikes!No wonder I have back problems!

Old 04-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

suzuki ts 125, ds 125, honda 175 elsinore

Old 04-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

GENTLEMEN,

i forgot one huge, i mean huge thing about all these unexplained back problems, i apologize for that..

about 60-70% of my unexplained back problems(bulge, herniations,sciatica and more) with know real cause, expecially in people under the age of 45 have a leg length discrepancy(short leg) causing the spine to become of balance and give you all the problems...

not many doctors are trained in the xray and analysis of this specific problem, some even laugh when i mention
it.. then i say can you tell me why they hurt then! it gets very quiet and they start to listen..

let me give you to people, 22 yr/old man, herniations L5,L4.. had shots, therapy, and even other chiro's, nothing worked and it wouldnt cause you are not fixing the problem, i did the analysis....almost an inch short on 1 side, fit him for a lift 3 wks NO PAIN EVER!

the other sciatica for 20 years on and off, long story short measured him 12mm short on 1 side, fit him and never had it again after 1 month...

if any of your doctors want me to tell them how to do this i will teach them, BETTER YET, if you want to get the xray done and send it to me i will analize it myself..if they say they know how , make them write it down and check it with me, alot of Doc's do it wrong! if they say its not possible, get the xray your self and mail it to me..

Old 04-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

my dad had a small business back in 70's and early 80's to keep me interested in the business (and out of trouble) he took on the Hodaka motorcycle line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i'm 14 years old and now our family business has a dozen motocross bikes just sitting there waiting to be test driven!! road toad, wombat, super rat, dirt squirt, super wombat, i would set up the new bikes and get to ride them all keeping one for myself to ride. man why didn't i stuff one of those things away (super rat was my favorite) after a few years i figures out how out dated they were and moved on to a rm125 but looking back i sure miss the old iron.

sorry a little off topic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2005, 01:12 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
my dad had a small business back in 70's and early 80's to keep me interested in the business (and out of trouble) he took on the Hodaka motorcycle line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i'm 14 years old and now our family business has a dozen motocross bikes just sitting there waiting to be test driven!! road toad, wombat, super rat, dirt squirt, super wombat, i would set up the new bikes and get to ride them all keeping one for myself to ride. man why didn't i stuff one of those things away (super rat was my favorite) after a few years i figures out how out dated they were and moved on to a rm125 but looking back i sure miss the old iron.

sorry a little off topic[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I would love to add a old hodaka to my collection. Dirt squirt was my favorite name. That and a mid 70's 250 maico. I would probubly even trade my bultaco for one. The bultaco is bitchin, I have never heard it run. It is about 90% complete and absolutely original. Still has the stock paper thin fiberglass fenders and a dent free down pipe. It is set up for flat track and it was only rode 2 times, Like new K71's are still on it.

No need to appoligize to me.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

i know that restoring and collecting old mx bikes is happening now, you know you'r getting old when you would rather have an old road toad or dirt squirt instead of a new state of the art super rocket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2005, 05:02 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Who you calling old? LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Actually I want both, just running out of room.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2005, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chirochris
GENTLEMEN,

i forgot one huge, i mean huge thing about all these unexplained back problems, i apologize for that..

about 60-70% of my unexplained back problems(bulge, herniations,sciatica and more) with know real cause, expecially in people under the age of 45 have a leg length discrepancy(short leg) causing the spine to become of balance and give you all the problems...

not many doctors are trained in the xray and analysis of this specific problem, some even laugh when i mention
it.. then i say can you tell me why they hurt then! it gets very quiet and they start to listen..

let me give you to people, 22 yr/old man, herniations L5,L4.. had shots, therapy, and even other chiro's, nothing worked and it wouldnt cause you are not fixing the problem, i did the analysis....almost an inch short on 1 side, fit him for a lift 3 wks NO PAIN EVER!

the other sciatica for 20 years on and off, long story short measured him 12mm short on 1 side, fit him and never had it again after 1 month...

if any of your doctors want me to tell them how to do this i will teach them, BETTER YET, if you want to get the xray done and send it to me i will analize it myself..if they say they know how , make them write it down and check it with me, alot of Doc's do it wrong! if they say its not possible, get the xray your self and mail it to me..
Do you mean that there is one leg that is actually longer or shorter? Not that its a relation to anything to do with the pelvis or other areas causing it to appear that way?

If your saying one leg is longer and its not from some other misalignment etc than thats something I definately never had checked or even looked into (and I bet many others didnt either), and actually I remember one of the better "crackers" explaining how the adjustments to the pelvis were allowing the legs to be more similar in length.

Quick Reply: Whos Had Back Surgery?