CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Install on the barnett 9 disk

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install on the barnett 9 disk

they probably just put 2 for shimming purposes.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And yes, it will pull through the pressure plate with enough force. The lip that is on the actuator will fold and peal!

Old 08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheOz
The actuator will not pull through the pressure plate bearing with or without the two washers installed first. It appears my actuator may have been installed incorrectly at the factory as the actuator was installed (through the pressure plate), then the two washers, then the clip to lock the actuator into place. I see the service manual shows a single (not 2) washer being installed onto the actuator, then the actuator through the pressure plate. What the ....
I agree the manual only shows 1 washer but mine had 2.....so I put them both in. Don't ask me why they show 1 when there is 2, I'm no freaking Engineer..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] wait..... yes I am......crap..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

I installed mine last night and only had one green one also. I thought the clutch was slipping on my baja since i did that build i put a fresh set of barnnet fibers and metal rings. when I installed them i put them in the same way i took them out. Im having trouble with the adjustment no matter where iseem to set the adjustment at it lurches forward more than my other ones Could over torquing them create this?

Old 12-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Are you guys still experiencing trouble or after some riding did the clutch settle?
I just got the 9 disk Barnett last night and am ready to tear into my quad.
I didn't think about the gasket... doh! Anybody able to re-use it?
mud

Old 12-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

No it works great. I found the problem that I was having.......after taking the cover off tons of times.............and cussing like all get out. When I put the cover back on after the first install, I must not have lined up the cover perfect, and pushed the throwout bearing back in about a half an inch, so I didnt have enough throw on the lever to disengage it. So just be careful and dont push on the cover, it should go back together easily. As for the gasket, I have had my cover off, oh 8 times or so, same gasket. I would get one for a backup just incase you tear it though. Great clutch.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I hope I did everything right. I got it back together and the arm that the cable attatches to was not lined up right so I thought instead of taking the cover back off to rotate the clutch release shaft, I would just take the arm off and move it a notch or two on the shaft. Well the little arm was on there real good so I used a screwdriver to pry it off. DO NOT DO THIS. I bent the retaining clip on the inside that holds the shaft in. The shaft came out of the cover. I had to take it all back apart and I was able to bend the clip back to normal and got everything back together. Filled it up with oil and Engine Ice and fired it up. I let it warm up and then put it into first gear. Nothing happened. It didn't lurch like my stocker did. I let the clutch out and away we went. It seemes to work fine. Goes into nuetral with no problems.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

PERFECT!! Well except the shaft coming out,lol! Good job.