CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What's The Best ATV Magazine?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's The Best ATV Magazine?

Originally posted by: Fahq
As much as I like reading in Dirt Wheels about how great the Raptor is, I have to admit, they don't even pretend to hide their bias. I have found ATV Sport to be pretty fair. If you own a Yamaha, get Dirt Wheels, they will make you feel really good about your machine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I like dirt wheels. Mainly the readers rides section, and the recent reprints of old 80's reviews and shoot outs of the banshee, 250r, and quadracers. They do over hype certain aftermarket products, but I'm not sure how much bias there is regarding yamaha and honda. I remember the ds/banshee shootout where the ds won. I remember the z400/400ex shootout where the z400 won, I remember the predator/raptor shootout where the predator won, and I remember the big bore ute shootout where the rincon and grizzly took a beating.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Range Rover

My List:
1. ATV Rider - no BS, great articles, VERY extensive testing, no filler, the runaway winner, no biased opinions, not as thick as others though
2. All Terrain Vehicle - has a rumors/speculation section that lasts 5 pages, very good shootouts, no bias, Canadian prices included, but once agian thin
3. ATV Sport/ATV Mag - good content, too much racing news for my tastes, good tests, not many shootouts though
Dividing good and bad magazines at this point
4. Dirt Wheels - The longest running, lots of content, but no integrity in the articles, poor editing, same shootouts every year, sponsored to the point of being rediculous
5. 4 Wheel Action - Same as above, nothing but biased articles, written for teeneagers BY (I'm sure) teenagers, very poor content
6. ATV Trail Rider - Man, the WORST writing I've ever read, one guy does all the writing and testing (terrible!), no editing, pick it up just for a joke

Thats my opinion, I buy the top three, only buy the Hi-Torque publications when there's a shootout I'm interested in (but I always know the outcome) or a new machine out. Gotta admit, this new QUAD magazine sounds good, I'll see if I can find it.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blackbird
i think dirtwheels suck.half ,if not more than half of the mag is all ads.plus one month they tell you one thing then 2 months later its different .think dirtwheels is a joke.i think the best atv mag is the new Quad mag.those guys write transworld mx mag and they have good articles in that mag no b.s in it.and from what i have seen of the first quad mag it looks like their not going to be sellouts like dirtwheels is.
so what if they have alot of ads. it gives you ideas on what to do next to yur quad