CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

wife wants to sell quads-help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife wants to sell quads-help!

My wife has come to the conclusion that we should sell all our quads because they are too dangerous. This is coming after she recently flipped hers over on top of herself taking a good shot to the chest from the handlebars. I am also getting pressure to sell from my in-laws (who live in the city and don't even know exactly what four wheelers are!) My eight year old son and I have been riding for two years now and have had some mishaps (we both have gone over the bars) but I think this comes with the teritory. I can't imagine another father son activity that would bring us as close as we have been riding together. I wanted to see if anyone can help me out in my argument to keep our quads. Thanks!

Old 10-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

Before my wife, kids and I got into quads, we raised horses for twenty years.
My wife and I have been to hospitals when accidents happened. But we knew when we started this hobby that there is a certain amount of risk. The happiness of going on trails rides as a family, wither on a horse or a quad is quality time. With training and experience the risk is reduced.
Review what went wrong and setup a plan to correct the situation.
Quality life is the accumulation of memories. Don't let life pass you by.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider

Tell them that you will sell your Quad's, Only if they sell their car's. After all, people get hurt driving car's to. Even more so in the city. You may want to add in there that they can't walk anywhere either. Pedesterains also get hurt.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:38 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Tell her you'll comprimise and sell hers, then you can take the money and buy a bunch of safety gear.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Pale Rider
With my goldfish shorts swimmin' around my toes.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is danger involved in just about every thing a person does these days from driving your car to riding a bicycle. Having the proper protective gear will help but mishaps will occur. If your wife feels that strongly and doesn't want to ride that's her option. She or her family should not force you to give up riding quads if you don't want to. Have you and any members taken an ATV saftey course? If not have her take one it may make her feel more confident and she will learn more about the machine along its and her limitations.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Its your Got Dam life to! If you give in on this, whats next? Do what you feel your heart is telling you to do, because some things in life are worth fighting for! I'am not saying to take it so far that she wants to leave over it, but dam man your QUAD!

Old 10-17-2005, 11:39 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you can convince her breast implants would help soften the blow if it happens again! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

....Course you and your son might look sorta funny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

I'd tell her your going to do everything possible to minimize your chance of serious injury. Agree to take a ATV saftey course,after all they will send you a check for $100. Wear a chest protector, what a differance it makes when you hit the handle bars. Explain to her there is a risk in everything, and these atv are something that the whole family can share in. Take a 3 day camping trip with your atv and see how much family fun it is along with the Memories. Always wear a helment. Good luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Man thats a tough spot to be in. I had one like that also. Stand your ground, your making memories that will last a lifetime with your boy and you will have the scars to prove it. Take a safety course and get some good quality riding gear and ease her back into it. Either that or just leave her home and make it a father/Son outing. Too bad she wants to end your fun because SHE got hurt. Tell the inlaws where to get off and keep on riding. You can do like I did and trade her in on a beautiful brunette with big fake ***** that likes to ride on the back of my 90hp DS dragging any bike in sight. Now thats a perfect woman![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Man I hate that "tough" link crap. Somebody should do somthin about that.

Quick Reply: wife wants to sell quads-help!