CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Traxter milage

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According with the dealer garage ,the Traxter 2000 should ride 250 miles , however mine is only around 130 miles autonomy. I have been told ,that Bomb change the carburetor
on the new model to improve this problem. Does any body know anything about this.
Thanks for any comment on this issue. I m in Argentina, with the first Traxter and it is not
easy to solve this matter.

Old 11-01-2000, 09:51 PM
ksk
Trailblazer

rolondo,
If I understand you correctly, you are asking about how many miles you can ride on one tankfull of gasoline??? The Traxter holds about 5 gallons of gas. I get about 18 miles per gallon which gives me a safe range of about 80+ miles or about 130 km.
Hope that helps. I'd also be interested to know how you like your Traxter so far? What type of riding or work you do with your Traxter? How did you decide on a Traxter? Did you try out other brands?
Thanks!
ksk

Old 11-02-2000, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dear KSK
You got it right, my concern is about miles/range with a full tank .It look s that your autonomy
is even worst than mine. And I insist, according to the people from the dealer, that there is a chance to remove the carburetor and pick a new generation of it, that will allow a range plus minus of 250 miles .I decide on the Traxter because at the time it really look revolutionary, and I believe it still is. So far I got 3 problem: Some time is very difficult to shift gear, backfire when I turn off and it burn to much gasoline. In the other hand I m very pleased with it. Power, comfort etc. Last week I pull a stuck Honda CRV on the mud, for 10 miles like piece of cake. I m a hunter and outfitter, so I ride all kind of terrain, and pull a trailer with hunters on it and game if we get lucky.
Thanks!

Old 11-02-2000, 09:23 PM
ksk
Trailblazer

teitu,
A 250 mile range on a 5 gallon gas tank would be quite remarkable in my opinion. If the dealership where you bought your machine hinted that would be somehow possible, I'm afraid they were, more than likely, stretching something... like the truth. There is no 500 cc class 4X4 to even come close to that kind of fuel economy that I know of anyway. 18 to 20 miles per gallon is about all you can expect to get. BUT, if you find out something revolutionary there, by all means, with the current price of gas, please let me know. As far as it backfiring - that also happened to me and I took it back to the dealer and he made a carb. adjustment and it hasn't backfired since. No change in fuel ecomomy however. The hard shifting should also be a fairly simple adjustment to the shifting mechanism by the DEALER.
Good luck with your Traxter!

ksk