CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno

somebody finally proved it!

this is better than the soap "as the world turns"!! lol

Old 12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

Stock bore's hp to torque ratio seems fine.
730 with small cam's only producing 47lbs of torque - not so good.
Should be in the 50 to 53 range.
If motor was setup to be a torquer - where did it go.
Putting on a CT pipe will just reduce somemore torque.
I may be alittle out of line, so don't shoot me, just get more info so that everyone does't jump to the wrong conclusions.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
H
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Let's see....stock bore drag motor with drag pipe and drag cams VS big bore trail motor with small cams and in frame pipe. Basiclly making the same power. Now the way I see it Bigdaddy has drag bike power with a dune/trail motor. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

I had a drag motor all this time and didn't know it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Mario.... I should have charged you TRIPLE!!! LMAO.

Bigger.

WOW! Im kinda feeling like a big league player since my "drag bolt-on motor" pulled 58hp on the dyno, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Have you ever dynod any where else for a comparison?

Old 12-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Let's see....stock bore drag motor with drag pipe and drag cams VS big bore trail motor with small cams and in frame pipe. Basiclly making the same power. Now the way I see it Bigdaddy has drag bike power with a dune/trail motor. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

I had a drag motor all this time and didn't know it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Mario.... I should have charged you TRIPLE!!! LMAO.

Bigger.

WOW! Im kinda feeling like a big league player since my "drag bolt-on motor" pulled 58hp on the dyno, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Have you ever dynod any where else for a comparison?

It dont really matter what the bike pulls anywhere else. Because frankly I would love to see it pull lower numbers somewhere else...that will just make my bike that much more impressing,
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Further more, this isnt about my bike, this is about a stock bore v/s 730 and they compared on the same dyno on the same day, simple as that. Take it for what its worth......DONT HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I promised myself to stay out of dyno talks on knobby tires (thus the bump thread), but....here I go again...

same dyno, same day, different tires, knobby tires, different gearing, jetting- who knows?, air fuel ratio- who knows?

I checked RW website again to make sure, but Stage 2 has no porting?

Drag Pipe

Well, was it slipping the tires or not? Trust me it was- and BigDaddy's was more than the stock bore- if you dyno our 125hp 800 on knobbies then both of you would beat us on the dyno- more torque, faster revving equals eponentially more slipping.

I assume Dynojet Dyno? Dynojet dyno's have no gearing compensation. Every one I've been on shows higher hp numbers with higher gear ratios (4th vs 5th, 15/40 vs 17/40, 20" vs 22" tires, etc...) and I'm talking at least 3hp per gear.

Mike's had no time to tune on his motor or really break it in- it will gain as it breaks in- they always do.

We need to untrain ourselves when it comes to peak hp. What is the avg hp over a rpm range?

Comparison dynos need to be conducted under more controlled circumstances- we are constantly watching for new factors introduced every time we dyno.

Bom- ?I think you are very confused about cams .....and drag pipes

But all in all, very respectable numbers under the circumstances.

Sorry, all the time I have tonite

Old 12-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I dont think BOM is confused ONE BIT!!

I also didnt know a few things.. cough cough.

You want to dyno w/ slicks we can. Ill just tweek the timing a little here and there.

OH I know Randall. IT JUST FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE?? Right. The circumstances werent controlled and His tires were slipping more than MINE????LOL You should have seen the difference in the tires. ALso, I had a rigid stiff shock in the back that COULD NOT even be tied down w/ spring pressure. I have nothing bad to say about Big Mike or his motor. But I listen to all these excuses from ya.

I dont want to get into it. Ds Mike and Bigger simply know how to build a fast bike. And I can tune it if I have enough dyno time...

Yes they both are respectable #s considering the stock baseline HP of a ds on this type of dyno.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

I dont want to get into it. Ds Mike and Bigger simply know how to build a fast bike. And I can tune it if I have enough dyno time...

Yes they both are respectable #s considering the stock baseline HP of a ds on this type of dyno.
Exactly the point, the results are NOT all that unexpected given a real good stock bore, both have numbers a little low and a few other factors, but not anything to get confused about.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

If a good stock bore can do that, lets see what two good big bores can do? Only one way to know the REAL TRUTH!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Mario,

I have read a bunch about your motor, sounds like its a mover. I understand that you bought it from bigger when your 720 finally ate it.

So what makes this stage 2 tick? Is it a stage 2 or is the head ported?
I know allot of people running stage 2 or even stage 3 and are not nearly as happy as you are with your motor. What makes this package work so well? Can you spec it out for us so others on here can share this same package.
What kind of piston and CR? valve size? porting?
Is the bottom end stock?
I believe I read that your are running off the shelf A1/A2 cams, are then in the marked locations or are they advanced/retarded a tooth.
I assume you are running the single 48hv with a ported intake?
What ignition?

Old 12-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Schmee, somebody proved what? That one dyno shows higher numbers than the next? Where ya been, thats been a known fact for a long time.

As for tuning on a dyno, its like they said, its about changing a basline. Nothing more! If you think because a 650cc is producing more hp than a 730 is saying something, your wrong. I can give you plenty of 350cu chevys that will out produce a 454 all day long. What does that say? Probably that theres more work done to the 350. Remember theres no replacement for displacement!

Quick Reply: Stock bore stage 2 VS hpr 730 dyno