CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

For that matter, is $4250 for a turbo setup really worth it? Cost is more than 730 kit, but look at hp gain.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

you also need to figure in when i want to go riding is the turbo set up gonna run decent or am i gonna have to work on it first. Not only hp gains should be taking into consideration. Dependibility, hpgain, price , are you willing to spend 7.08 $ a gallon for gas, how far you are gonna be racing, rolling starts, dead stops. there is alot to take into consideration before taking the leap. Im waiting to make sure all the bugs are out of them and they are idiot proof because im gonna have a 730 with turbo and nitrous if possible.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Just a side note ... HPR's site has a pretty good break down on the HP costs and Stages.

Thought it was worth the read....

http://www.hpresearch.net/kits.htm

Definately logically thought out and laid out....

Thanks HPR

Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Yes

Old 12-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
before the bigbore wars began the average piston cost under $100, is a DS piston really worth $250, and are superlights really worth $400? and cams on most other bikes are $100 but its $300-$400 for a pare of ds cams, are they really worth that? should we really have to pay to play? you guys are really sparking some serious notions around here![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I think our DS parts cost more because of simple number of parts sold. The big companies aren't making parts for the DS because there aren't enough us out there. The guys that are making parts for us aren't selling enough of them to get a quantity price break. I know when I am in the dunes, I see at least 20 yfz for every DS.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ^^^^^

Old 12-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

The parts are still way too high. Im done with the high price parts. Ive spent a ton for only medium gains. My bud spent half as much on his Banshee and its unbelievable how much gain he got. Maybe I should go Chooses route with my mods and see what it will do. Maybe Ill just sell my drag DS and keep the dune DS.?????????????????????????

Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
The parts are still way too high. Im done with the high price parts. Ive spent a ton for only medium gains. My bud spent half as much on his Banshee and its unbelievable how much gain he got. Maybe I should go Chooses route with my mods and see what it will do. Maybe Ill just sell my drag DS and keep the dune DS.?????????????????????????
OH NO! Man, you dont need to get out of the DS community for sure. Sell the dune bike and just go my route with the bling and mods that you have on the drag bike and you WILL NOT be disappointed. In fact, the next time we meet your riding the Spiderbike. Just stay tuned, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Mine is only the beginning of a very good thing....trust me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
Of course the Banshee is cheaper to mod. For starters the engine has been out since the 80s! You open up any atv magazine and you will find a dozen advertisements for insane banshee motor parts. I bet there are more banshee advertisements in one magazine then there are actual 800cc DS in the whole country.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
before the bigbore wars began the average piston cost under $100, is a DS piston really worth $250, and are superlights really worth $400? and cams on most other bikes are $100 but its $300-$400 for a pare of ds cams, are they really worth that? should we really have to pay to play? you guys are really sparking some serious notions around here![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
hey seriously I was just horse crapping around, I don't mean to open a can of worms on this one, to answer my own question above - YES they are all worth it. Worth is in the eye of the beholder, we all define it differently. yes we have to pay to play, a few hundred here, a few hundred there, its all a simple price to pay for the joy we get out of it. A couple days of overtime on the clock and whalla, new parts on order. And next week after it all over, my standard of living didn't change, and my bills are still payed. If you have the extra money, anything is worth it. If somebody is going hungry for your purchases, then nothing is worth it. That's how I define worth, be it a new stock bore piston, some cams, or a prized 725 kit.

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$