CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
DuneMe,

HAHA - Its a temptation isnt it? You know you want it .... Just satisfy the nitrous urge man! LOL

So far we've only talked about one big bore kit compared to a nice stage II. Anybody else have the Pami big bore kit? Why dont we do a head to head dyno test with the HPR and the PAMI. Heck, I dont have any skin in this, and it would be the logical next step.
Now that would be the one that I would pay to see......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Fact of the matter is what Kind of money you have to dropp.

The HPR kit is a solid kit from what Ive seen.

(ThBOM) Pami Has a solid Kit from what Ive seen.

ALL theBOM has to do is send me a 725 kit and I can dyno it next!!!! And we can see.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats got my attention!! Pami vs. HPR. Same bike, swap the motors on the same day. Give each a chance to tune and see where we stand at the end.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Fact of the matter is what Kind of money you have to dropp.

The HPR kit is a solid kit from what Ive seen.

(ThBOM) Pami Has a solid Kit from what Ive seen.

ALL theBOM has to do is send me a 725 kit and I can dyno it next!!!! And we can see.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Heck man, all both of them have to do is send me one and I will dyno tune it on the track....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I'll tell ya which one will produce and which one will not, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hahaha, I just thought I would throw that in on such a serious subject, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Just be sure and spend your money wisely. I should make 68hp with just a 730 drop in alone with my totally stock head, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
8-10hp means 8 some places, 10 others, 9 others, etc...

You guys have to stop thinking peak hp numbers ALL the time. If the dyno you are using plots AVG hp over a time range- take a look at it- That will open your eyes! What good would 8 hp be at peak if it were little or nothing everywhere else? You wouldn't be able to tell much difference. But if it was just 4hp all across the rpm band- it feels like alot more.

66hp on choose's bike- I haven't dyno'ed that exact combo, but sounds reasonable with the lightweight drivetrain. I think Scatterbrain's made almost 60hp with only a big bore, lectron and stock exhaust on TVI's "conservative" dyno (at least that's what everybody tells me that dyno's on it and doesn't make the power they wanted ). Tim Trank made somewhere around 64-65hp without a race head.

Personally, I hope everybody is on a stock bore that pulls up next to me at 4sw and Planet Sand.....so, I'd say stick with the stock bore!

Old 12-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I owned both and notice the one I have now LOL

Old 12-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: sandbomber
You didn't have one of mine. LOL

Old 12-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Inertia dynos are tuning tools, the Raptor guys went through these discussions in spades. A motor that shows more HP on an inertia dyno can, and has, been waxed by a motor that shows less HP on the same inertia dyno. If you really want to see how a motor performs UNDER LOAD, you've got to find a dyno that simulates real-world conditions.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Let's get down to brass tacs!

Choose's question is a good one... is it worth the $$$$

Obviously it's worth what we are paying cause we're paying it. The truth is that it's WAY to expensive, BUT all of the big bore kits are expensive for the DS. ALL cost an arm and a leg. If we owned Hondas or Yamies, we'd be doing big bores for about half the price. I just built a Z400 big bore and it cost 700 to the door. YES it's way expensive but what is our choice.

I think that Choose's question though is probably more of... is the big bore worth the money or should you stick with a stock bore with all the goodies. Sorry Choose, I'm not trying to speak for you.

I have to think that when it's right, the Big bore HAS to out perform the smaller bore. Why, because CC's are CC's. Given the same bore and exact head, piston, cams, carbs, exhaust etc. etc. they should both be identical. Then it will come down to longevity.

Now if we are talking head work.... that would be a true WAR!!!! one builders art vs anothers art. Now if we are letting a builder build his best 730 against anothers best 730, that would be a fun one to watch as well.

so Choose's question is a difficult one to answer. All the manufactures are building bigger CC bikes because it does make more... Displacement is displacement.

Feel me?

Oh and I LOVE MARIO!!!!!!!!!!

"Pimp" that NINJA!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 02:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: THEBOM
Originally posted by: sandbomber
You didn't have one of mine. LOL
That is true Jeff. What is different from the pami jugs from the past that had problems

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$