CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$

With output of 1.8hp per cu. in. That translates into 7.2 extra hp for the 730.
Is it worth the $$$$$ Those who must win and have big pockets - no problem.
For the majority and does it make good sense. Waste of money.
Run alcohol and the output is the same.
To be King of the Hill for one weekend of the year is a wet dream.
Anyone remember the name of the guy who won last year!!!
Turbo quads will be the ones to beat in years to come.

I wish the rules were like car drag racing.
Same weight, same size motor and gas only.
Then we would know who the best engine builders are.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

I liked the 730 so much Im building a second one. Theres just something about the look on those guys faces when an 800 lb pig can beet them or stay side by side. If you figure how much i spent the first time trying to piece me together a fast bike and then what i spent for the 730 kits it was about 2500 different. All of the parts from the do it yourself becouse you are so much smarter kit all got thrown away. I like it so well i will have a third 730 before the summer is up. 730 with a 25 shot of nitrous beutiful

Old 12-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like choose said ya cant take it with ya LOL fat pocket that is!!!!!

Old 12-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

Oldman, well said.....

That's about the skinny of it.

But when you have my dimensions..... I'm just trying to equal the playing field a bit.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No problem Bigdaddy. I think you were reading between the lines. Now that is exactly what I was trying to say. I mean come on now. Lets compare notes here. Show me a dyno sheet on a race everything 730 and then let me see the dyno sheet from a race everything stock bore (Genesis kit). We know that Eric's Genesis kit pulled 70+ hp. Call it high strung if ya want to. It is what it is. I havent seen ANY 730 kits beyond 75hp. WHAT??????? I know, I know, everybody wants to go fast but also wants a reliable motor that they can "dune". What a crock. If you build a motor, then you should know one thing....once you break the bolts, there is a percentage of reliability lost....thats just the way it is. I mean, I think there are quite a few folks on here are standing with the money in hand....wanting answers. Lets bring some answers to the table. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

The reliability factor will be spoken for sure on this thread. But I have to be honest, I ran the crap out of my stage 2.5 for years and years and I doubt there will be much difference in reliablity between the two.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: THEBOM
Originally posted by: sandbomber
I owned both and notice the one I have now LOL
You didn't have one of mine. LOL
That is true Jeff. What is different from the pami jugs from the past that had problems
The only problem I've seen is the nicisil on a jug was bad. You seen it at the Planet Sand race. It was not because of TOO much NOS like some have posted in the past. Pami does not nicisil cylinders in house. They have now decied to let me do the nicisl hear in the states if I like. One dose not make all bad .

What past are you talking about?????

Old 12-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
No problem Bigdaddy. I think you were reading between the lines. Now that is exactly what I was trying to say. I mean come on now. Lets compare notes here. Show me a dyno sheet on a race everything 730 and then let me see the dyno sheet from a race everything stock bore (Genesis kit). We know that Eric's Genesis kit pulled 70+ hp. Call it high strung if ya want to. It is what it is. I havent seen ANY 730 kits beyond 75hp. WHAT??????? I know, I know, everybody wants to go fast but also wants a reliable motor that they can "dune". What a crock. If you build a motor, then you should know one thing....once you break the bolts, there is a percentage of reliability lost....thats just the way it is. I mean, I think there are quite a few folks on here are standing with the money in hand....wanting answers. Lets bring some answers to the table. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Choose I will get a dyno sheet on my pic page for you to see of my stock bore Genisis vs. a built 730. Same carb same cams same pipe same head same everything. These will be compared with single carbs because we have not dynoed a 730 with twins yet.

I thought this was common knowledge but apparently everyone is confused about big bores so I will explain it very simple so everyone can understand. A BIG BORE ADD'S CUBIC INCHES. IF A BIG BORE IS A BAD THING THEN GO RIDE A 400ex. WHY WOULD A BIG BORE MAKE LESS POWER THAN A SMALL BORE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE EQUALL.

Lets make this even simpler. Take the hp/per cubic inch your personal bike is making right now. Now add cubic inches and your bike will make the same hp/per cubic inch but since your bike has more cubic inches it will make more power.

Example: 650cc=39.65cubic inches Choose your bike makes 58hp. 58 divided by 39.65=1.46hp/per cubic inch.

730cc=44.53cubic inches. If your bike is making 1.46hp/cubic inch we can now multiply by the larger number 44.53(big bore) instead of the smaller 39.65(stock bore).

44.53 x 1.46hp/per cubic inch =65.01hp

Your bike should make 65hp + about 2hp with the higher compression.

NEWSFLASH!! Everyone with a DS650 is already riding a big bore. It's one of the biggest single cylinder engines on the market compared to the smaller 400's 450's etc. But we as DS owners have an option to go even bigger and make more power.

Adding cubic inches is guaranteed power and torque over the entire rpm range. If its not then why aren't we all still riding a 200x.

Old 12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

MrHp, I really appreciate you laying it out on the table. I like that. So, it stands to reason that my bike would make the horsepower stated with the stock head. Now were talking. I cant wait to see the dyno page. Thanks again.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But, I guess I might add.....is the 730 kit worth the money for the extra 7-9hp gain with just a drop in? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Is it worth the money? That has to be answered by each and every person that is considering one. A 730 is not a need it's a want. We all need food, shelter and eternal life. Anything after that is a want. If you want it bad enough it's well worth the money. If you dont want it, it ain't worth the money. Simple as that. It's just a nice option for those who want it.

Hp/per cubic inch is obtained through cylinder head porting,cams,carb,and exhaust. Big bore just let's you multiply your hp/per cube by a larger number resulting in more horsepower.

Quick Reply: Is the 730 kit worth the $$$$