CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

lectron and its uses........?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lectron and its uses........?

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: shmee
WRONG, you can get the tm to feel just like the stock pull. WITH the pump! and you dont need to BUY anything else! everything else can be stock, "cable ect"
No disrespect intended but since you are the only one I have ever heard make a statement like this regarding a Mikuni TM, until I hear how you accomplish this I am calling "BS".

If you explain it and it makes sense, I will gladly change my position on the TM setup.

All we care about is real information here.

Ron

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Hey bro, get ready to eat crow on this one....lol....u just have to a little mods to the spring and it lightens it up greatly....not as easy as a stocker, but dang close...check with hightower, hes got this tm 45 figured out , hes a thumb savor....

Old 02-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thebigshow
WRONG, you can get the tm to feel just like the stock pull. WITH the pump! and you dont need to BUY anything else! everything else can be stock, "cable ect"
No disrespect intended but since you are the only one I have ever heard make a statement like this regarding a Mikuni TM, until I hear how you accomplish this I am calling "BS".

If you explain it and it makes sense, I will gladly change my position on the TM setup.

Ron

Hey bro, get ready to eat crow on this one....lol....u just have to a little mods to the spring and it lightens it up greatly....not as easy as a stocker, but dang close...check with hightower, hes got this tm 45 figured out , hes a thumb savor....
I don't care if I have to change my position. I want this technique out there so anybody looking at these carbs can duplicate it. The statement was that you can get them to feel just like stock pull with the pumper. Bigshow, is this a true statement? If so, how?

I know you would like to see me "eat crow" but I really don't care. The only time it is a problem to be wrong is if you don't change your position after you come to realize it.

Ron

Old 02-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Ron

I don't care if I have to change my position. I want this technique out there so anybody looking at these carbs can duplicate it. The statement was that you can get them to feel just like stock pull with the pumper. Bigshow, is this a true statement? If so, how?

I know you would like to see me "eat crow" but I really don't care. The only time it is a problem to be wrong is if you don't change your position after you come to realize it.

Ron

hey ron, i wasnt glad that u were eating crow, i was trying to stop u from making an azz of yourself....before you imply that someone is lying(shemee) or that there info is B.S...go do a search. i found ten in less than five minutes...they have had this info for years, its nothing new.

Rocky

Old 02-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ron

Ron

hey ron, i wasnt glad that u were eating crow, i was trying to stop u from making an azz of yourself....before you imply that someone is lying(shemee) or that there info is B.S...go do a search. i found ten in less than five minutes...they have had this info for years, its nothing new.

Rocky
Thanks Rocky. Link it or something because I did a search and didn't see anything like that. No one is implying Shmee is lying. Everyone plays games around here so I was applying some pressure to back up the statement.

No azz or accusation in questioning somebody who makes a claim without backing it up. If you deliver on some info it was well worth it.

Bigshow - Did Mikuni offer a thumb throttle kit for the TM45? You know a lot about these carbs and you said with the mods it was almost as good as stock thumb pull. That is a relative statement. How stiff is it after the mods you are referring to? Is it stiffer than your Lectron setup?

Ron

Old 02-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maybe I didn't do the search quite right but here is the closest thing I could find. Hightower makes mention of thumb pull but go on to read what Mr. HP says a few posts down.

Link

Old 02-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

ok dsnut, what you have to do is order the light spring for the throttle. and then put one end of it in the vice and take a pair of vice grips and clamp on the other end. twist it a little so it makes more spring pressure. then you pull out the pump spring and do the total opp. you may need to do it a few times to get it just right but you hightower does them very well. crazypainters is very soft and so was mine. ALSO LUBE your cable!!! about every ride.
thanks bigshow

is this what you where looking for dsnut? and yes there is alot of threads on this.

Old 02-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ok dsnut, what you have to do is order the light spring for the throttle. and then put one end of it in the vice and take a pair of vice grips and clamp on the other end. twist it a little so it makes more spring pressure. then you pull out the pump spring and do the total opp. you may need to do it a few times to get it just right but you hightower does them very well. crazypainters is very soft and so was mine. ALSO LUBE your cable!!! about every ride.
thanks bigshow

is this what you where looking for dsnut? and yes there is alot of threads on this.
It is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Shmee!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

I have a TM, I got it used. Put it on and took it to the dyno to get tuned. They disassembled and cleaned it, set up the acc. pump, when I got it back very nice pull with the pump not quite stock but I can ride all day without a thumb ache. I don't know how the lectron works on alky but the tm is great and only 75 bucks for the conversion kit which you can go from gas to alky or back in about 30 minutes or less. I still use the stock throttle cable just had to trim the end off a little. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

all great info guys. so either way i will be good on the trails... man i really need one.