CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Taxes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taxes

whats a REFUND is that a like taking something you don't want back to the store and getting your money back. If so id like to return them tax papers i get every quarter and have them give me back my money. Yes i pay quaterly and i pay out the kazoo!!!!!!!! The wife left me and the kids are grown up wait if thats the reasons i pay so much in taxes im starting to think these taxes ain't so bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Taxes

AZ,

Right there with you on the damn quarterly taxes. If everyone had to pay quarterly taxes like business owners there would be a revolt - no one would pay taxes at all.

So instead they take a good 25% out of every paycheck so that everyone is numb to the idea, then at the end of the year they throw you a tiny smidge of YOUR OWN money back to make you 'think' you are getting free money from the government. What a crock of sh*t. It was your money that you worked for to begin with.

What I don't understand though: all of you people BRAGGING about your 'refund' THAT IS YOUR MONEY! You already WORKED to EARN that MONEY! You just let the government hold onto it for a year, making interest on it. If you are getting a refund, especially a BIG refund you really should change your per paycheck contribution so that you come out closer. That way you get to hold onto more of your own money. This whole refund thing is 100% BS - that is your money that they are giving back to you.

Better yet, why don't you change your contributions, give me a little extra out of every paycheck, and then when tax time comes around each year I'll pay the difference in your taxes then give you a refund. How does that sound? I’ll even do it for FREE! Then I'll be rich because of all the interest I can make off of YOUR MONEY while I'm holding onto it for you. If I can get 100 people to do this I wont have to work anymore – so imagine how much the government makes off of the millions of people that do this ‘thinking’ they are getting some free money from the government?

If you keep YOUR MONEY in YOUR POCKET you'll make MORE out of YOUR money.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default Taxes

Blackhawk,

Very nicely said and your spot on. It's proven by many PHD economist types that with a national sales tax we would keep more of our own money and the government would get more. I have several books on this. Problem is they want the control over our lives. Tax credit for this and deduction for that. And wealth re-distribution, which is another topic altogether, lol.

The earned income tax credit. If you make under a certain amount, you get back every penny that you paid in federal taxes, then the goverment gives you a refund anyway. Like a gift, here ya go. Problem is THAT"S MY MONEY!!! The only people that should get tax cuts and refunds are those that actually PAY income taxes.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Taxes

Yeah my grandmother works for the IRS, so she keeps an eye out on my accounts... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But being young and a college student means I don't pay a thing

Old 03-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Taxes

Taxes done on Feb1 money back in the bank by the15th.......I am thinkin piston and Head just can't decide who to go with!

Old 03-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Taxes

Well it was a bad year, they could have just kept what I have coming back.....really wouldn't have hurt my feelings [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But I do have to give a big thanks to all you guys and gals for paying my wages....uhh I mean your taxes...lol....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I try to remember that paying my taxes pays my wage so it's not that bad in the long run i'm paying them to pay me.

Tom

Old 03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taxes

Black hawk is pretty much spot on, if you are getting a big refund, change your deductions around and the extra money that will be in your paycheck, take the difference and invest it, or put it in savings so YOU will make the interest insted of the Government. You will come out ahead.

I owned a business for a lot of years, they take a huge percent if you start making some $ .

Old 03-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Taxes

The people out there getting the big refunds are too ignorant but mostly to weak to have the fiscal disipline to take that extra money they are paying Uncle Scam and save it themselves. The money is seized from our paychecks and we have gotten used to it. So when a refund comes they think "Weeee, were having fun now" or whatever. It actually makes me ill thinking about it..

Old 03-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Taxes

Well in my case, I am getting 4 grand back, but only because I am lucky enough that everyone else in CA is paying my ex to go to school and for her extreamly high doctor and hospital bills. When CA is done paying for her to do that, and she gets a "job" then I will be back to 2-3 hundred in refunds. So thanks to everyone inCA. Because out state is so stupid, she don't have to work, gets money back on taxes she did not pay, get free health care, and a check for money she did not earn every month. Oh did I mention I lose a 1/4 of my check to CA to reimburse them for the money they pay her, all the while trying to call it child support....