CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what are the plans for ds days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the plans for ds days?

Originally posted by: Hightower
website for DS Days will be made by this weekend...

How Many DS Days has there been so far...what year was the first one...has there been one every year since?
Need some history to make give the site some body.

I make a guestbook for all attendies to sign in,
and I'll make a gallery with albums for each of the previuos year DS Days, as well as an album for the upcoming event.
You can all register and upload till your heart's content.
That would be pretty cool I have pictures from last year.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some one correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there has been four, and this will be the fifth Ds days. And it has been every year.

It has always been an Sand Mtn Nevada. This will be the first year in a different place, and at this years Ds days, we will all vote where next year will be located.

Scatter, I have been waiting for you to reply. I know you got some things up your sleve. I will give you some advice, the hill is really not to steep, and you will need lots of paddles, like 14 on 25 inch rims ATLEAST!! Its at like 2000', so jet accordingly. Oh, and you will need a really long swingarm, at least 12" over y2k.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Well i was thinking more along the lines of a +6 maybe an 8 paddle or 9. Nothin to wild[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Should be close to 400lbs. Switching out the Noss sys. a little of this and that. Possibility of a purpose built hillshooter on the trailer also. Might need a jocky? interested? I wont be worried to much about the jetting it will take care of itself. Heheheehe

Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EFI, nice!! I will run anyones bike. Heck you seen that last year, you give me the oportunity to ride it, and i'll jump at it. Me likes to go fast!

Picture this, and since he dont read the forums, he will never know. But my brothers machine should be running in the high 50's mph on our hill. We are adding a little power here and there. Well, he's got a 04'.............. with a stock swingarm!

I cant wait for the first time he dumps the clutch under nitrous.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Its going to be good!

Old 03-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That Cat (your brother) will be caughin' up a Sand Ball at the But Lixxer competition.

Nah. . . I think like Major said. . . we'll just leave that one to Demon. May as well get the trophy engraved with his name right now.

Jed. . . you hear from Justin at all? Will he be making it out there?

Looks like the weather may be working on breaking. Can't believe I may actually get to go to the Hill the weekend of the 25th. Man. . . I'm DYING!

Still haven't got the new ride to the hill.

Four years sounds about right for DS Days. . . I think I've made them all. Remember the first one. . . Met Jetsnow out there with his Dad before the rest of the group rolled in. Knuts was even there. Wind blew something fierce the first night. . . barely made it from Jeff's RV to my trailer. Fernando (Sand45) slept in a tent that night then flipped his DS when we all shot up the hill to create a thunder Sand Mt. had never seen (remember, 4-strokes were just out back then!) Don't remember if Marky made the first one or not???

2nd year is slipping my mind. . . may have ended up camped with my group that year and not to involved with things. Don't remember anything very eventful happened on the second year.

Year before last I broke my crank. Ended up coming home early. Fell in love with a Mini-Rail that Demon got a ride in. Justin got a turbo installed. . . overnight!

Last year was a good one. Small group but, we had a lot of fun getting to know eachother. Had some of the original faces at this one and was a good time getting to see everyone again. . . one of my better trips just because I got to know some real quality people.

I know that isn't much of a good story for you but, that's about all I can pull off my Harddrive.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Teebone56

That would be pretty cool I have pictures from last year.
Uh oh .... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: Duneme

Don't remember if Marky made the first one or not???
Nope.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DS Days

here's the start of it, link above

guestbook and gallery to come, not up yet.

let me know what else needs included on the page, links, info, etc.

going to bed now, night shifts suck ****.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I will be there. Hopefully running the open division with Major. We will see. Either way I will have the rail and there is alot of good duning to be had. Good of all the SM Locals to support the change of venue.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

wow, this one is starting to sound fun. who matches up from the key board.
mario vs dsnut
azsand vs sandbomber
major vs demon
i'm going to try and give sandbomber a run he said he'd wear a back pack full of rocks so we would be the same weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe some of the texas boys will show up and the real challenges can start[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
LOL, Jed Im just razzing him because he called me out... Now he HAS to race!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I only recall setting up a race with Jed. I thought you called me out, Mario.........oh, wait, thats right..........I forgot. It was when you tried to keep the big bores from running in the same class that you wanted to. If you go back and read that, I didn't call you out........but you did say you weren't afraid of a race so we can race. I will be interested to see how you overcome my power to weight ratio advantage.

(my smiley faces aren't working !)

Uh.........tell me how my signature is any of your damn business? lol

Quick Reply: what are the plans for ds days?