CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what are the plans for ds days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the plans for ds days?

Im not so concerned about the drag racin as I am about stop and smelling the roses and enjoying the beauty of that place. When I looked over the top of the big hill I couldnt believe my eyes.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have never been there, and can't wait. This thread is killing me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

how big is that hill? i may want some help there any gearing ideas? major you ran nitrous there didn't you?

Old 03-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The DS Days Galleries are ready - here is the link, I'll get it linked from the webpage tomorrow, at work right now with no access to website admin...
DS Days Galleries

Go to the gallery, register, read the FAQ's, and upload to your heart's content. Just be sure to put photos in the right folders after the upload. Register with your usual screename.
Gallery does not support videos, only .jpg's, and size limit of 1Meg. each. No limit on how many you can upload, so fill her up. I wanna see stuff from all the previous years, as well as some old retro pics from long long ago...

Old 03-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombdsbaja
Now WTF Marky, I thought you were a changed man???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] what's with all this "It's time to make some more history" talk????? Well from what I seen of the map there are no Military Bases near so that rules out the chance of you seeing anymore UFO's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Well maybe with enough Apple Pie and when you wake up from under your truck to take a leak you just might be in prime condition to have another "sighting". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You know I should have enough room in the Sand Condo that you could throw a cot in the garage and wash some of the sand out of your crack....oohhh wait that's right no sleeping in the sand....well at least wash off once a day..... I think i'm going to start packing tonight!!!!!! Ninja, get your stuff ready were going to the dunes in....five months............

Tom

Now thats good stuff! LOL .

Old 03-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Sandman- most info you find will tell you that the hill is about 700 feet high, however you are not able to run to the top most part of the hill because it turns rocky and near vertical, so the actual runs are a little over 1/8 mile and about a 600 ft high climb. Like Mario said, these hills work your motor hard and will bring out any flaws in them, many a motor has died a quick and painful death on these hills.

I have run Nitrous on these hills and if you're squeezing off the line you'll need to be able to hold the button for at least 20 secs to finish the hill. The first vids in my sig has DSaholic running Nitrous on the hill and that will give you an idea what to expect. I ran 15/43 gearing with 22" 10 paddle extremes and felt I was over paddled for racing but it was a great set up for dunning.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Major, you and Hightower are killing me, quit giving out all the setups, GOSH!! This hill is shallow, and they need at least 14 paddles!! Dont you remember?

Oh and I almost for got, now that we have a three man race, I like to keep things even, so lets add a fourth. Scatter, this is your official callout to! You best get that thing in the 300lb range, cuz its the only thing going to give you a chance. I dont know why I have to run all the BIG bores, but hey what do you do?
Man dont follow us up the hill, there'll be alot of laughing gas being spent.

Holy crap I just had a thought. Think about this, the backside as we call it, or the fourstroke hill if you will, can facilitate about 20+ quads racing. Could you imagine the video of 20 Ds's racing up that hill at once[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now that would be a sight to see. Then off over the back for the long ride, all 20+ ds's in tow. Oh ya its going to be good!!

Old 03-16-2006, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

sorry viper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I just don't want you half hilling everyone you race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sandman, I don't know if you have been to Dunereview.com or not, but they have video and pics of Little Sahara and others like my favorite St. Anthony Id. Check it out, also if anyone has off Mar. 27th to the 30th we are going there for spring break. Anyone interested? Little sahara that is.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

DSNUT- Im only gonna prolly be running alky and noss..Thats the only think im running. Hopefully with the button activated retard on the timing only while spraying.

Quick Reply: what are the plans for ds days?