CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

720 kit on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Originally posted by: Hightower
I said this,
""as far as the reliability comment # 3 about slipping, well the millions of factory sleeves installed in all motors both bike and quad alike prior to the creation of the DS didn't seem to have any problems, although point #7 about strength does try to validate the reliability statement.""

And MRHP said this,
""SLEEVES WORK FINE IN CYLINDERS THAT WERE DESIGNED FOR THEM. CAN ANYBODY HEAR WHAT I'M SAYING? The regulars can debate this till the cow's come home...""

I do not and will not argue or debate that at all. The trouble is, when the big bore cast jugs came out and all the debate was started, I cannot recall any description like the one mentioned in "point #7". All I remember is some people saying sleeves slip - a general statement aimed at the fact that some have slipped in some of the steel sleeved motors out there, and we all know that some of those that did slip were not machined or installed correctly. I do not recall a legitimate and logical explanation as to why sleeves won't work in a DS factory jug. And then top that off with some of the successes and hell yeah you got something to debate. Now sure I may have overlooked such a logical explanation, but if I did, so did alot of other people. There should have been more detailed discussions about why the DS jug does not support sleeving well, rather than just saying straight up that it doesn't.

I applaud HPR for their efforts and advancements and new products, but MRHP and 222 both you guys need to stick closer to factual explanations with less gray area, rather than sounding like you are just talking bad about competition. Many posts as well as your website are littered with very subtle and sly and casual and well thought out competetion bashing, straight up 222 style, and that is the absolute only reason why I own none of your products.

i brought this up on a post a while back, i think the world of hrp and there parts, but i do agree with u hightower. i went and checked all the different parts venders i could tthink of, and not ONE of them used the "bashing the compatition" type tactics that hrp uses on there website....i never really seen the sense in it...what are they trying to pprove? they have already proved what they are about on the track and with there customer service. i just just dont see why they want to use a classless tactic like that, it kinda casts a shadow over what they have accomplished............................your stronger willed then i am hightower, i own quite a few of there parts.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: thebigshow
Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Other than HPR and on Dunes, what other Venders are on the ATV Connecton Forums??
TBR....AKA: TheBomRacing, DSWORKS....AKA: TVI, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Huum just went looking under Forum Member Nicknames could not find TBR or DSWORKS maybe they solicit on another forum or another name.
i think jeffs name is "TheBom" (thebomracing) and garys is "boomer84" (TVI )

Your exactly right Bigshow, Im just trying to figure out what kind of point ERBE is trying to make by making such a statement as this....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

my bad, i think HRP and on-dunes are they only ones that sponser tho....not sure about thebom

Old 04-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

thebigshow said
---------------------------------------------------------------
my bad, i think HRP and on-dunes are they only ones that sponser tho....not sure about thebom
---------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by 'Sponser'?
I see ODP ads, but that's the only vendor sponser I'm aware of that advertises and posts on this site.
Maybe I am missing something in your definition of 'Sponser'.

Thanks

Old 04-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

The point Im refering to is that on this forum I have only read of 3 venders chatting about parts for the DS MisterHP,222, Sandbomer and I havent seen to many Subjects from TheBom or Boomer84.
Also In other forums on ATV Connection still havent seen to many venders taking about products either, I do understand other venders have there own forums for working with potental customes that they run also.
Just pointing out that there seems to be an awful lot amout of solicitation of HPR products here, and any one chooses to go another route seems to be ganged up on.
Also it seems on other ATV forums, that if you solicit in chat you will be kicked off or asked to become a sponsor, is HPR a sponsor on ATV Connection?

Old 04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

On-dunes is a sponser on this site and we have had great results using hpr parts. Wall is heavy from all the wood!!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default 720 kit on e-bay

yjacket said:

It will be easy to measure, but who was talking about a hollow dome for weight purposes??

MrHorsepower says:

JE machines a pocket under the dome of their 11.5:1 shelf piston. Start machining the dome off and let us know how it works out for ya.

yjacket said:

Hmmmm, maybe you are saying HPR big bore cylinders design is not condusive to work well with AL sleeves. IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

MrHorsepower says:

Let me point this out clear to you...YES THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!!!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Are you sure LMAO!!!!!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

---------------------------------------------------
yjacket said:

Hmmmm, maybe you are saying HPR big bore cylinders design is not condusive to work well with AL sleeves. IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

MrHorsepower says:

Let me point this out clear to you...YES THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!!!
---------------------------------------------------

So if I understand correctly, the significant difference between your big bore and Pami big bore or any other AL racing jugs made by most any other manufacturer, is the allowable cylinder wall width. Closer cylinder wall tolerances on HPR's big bore do not allow the same exact size bore diameter considering the AL sleeve width. That's a significant factor between the DS Big Bores to consider. The HPR race mold design cannot be enlarged to support the same size diameter bore insert, and it not a DS characteristic inherent with a Pami big bore or stock DS650 cylinder. So you could just bore out a Pami OR stock cylinder once or twice for about $460 big bore kit complete, and then on the third time, insert an AL plate for up to $700 big bore kit complete. OR I assume you could just insert a smaller diameter AL plate in HPR's big bore, but with no additional cost saving bores.

Thanks

Old 04-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????? Wow. Please send me some of whatever you are smoking.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Originally posted by: FatHolly
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????? Wow. Please send me some of whatever you are smoking.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 720 kit on e-bay