CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

720 kit on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Reasonable post AZ.

That same thing can be said in defense of HPR, TheBom and soon KMS or to whoever it may concern.

If you could, produce that post by said builder that names TVI, I will stand corrected. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If it simply refers to sleeved cylinders, I will have to stand my ground......

Ron

Old 04-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Im on it Elcapitan i find you the thread. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
What happened to your post???
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Theres some good points here. As I sat at a wedding of our fellow forum member, I spoke with another forum member, and he says the same thing. The reason he wont buy any HPR stuff is all the croonies on here that blast everyone else out there trying to do something different. Now I cant blame him, but he did mention there was one other builder that he would not do business with, because they put there kit on the market before its ready, and used there customers to try and perfect it, with no loss to themsleves, but plenty for the customer. Now that is his opinion and not mine, but I seen his point. Now my point in all this is, if you look past all them whos left? Do we need another SamCoe or Knutz?

We can delve into all these builders past with customers and find good and bad alike. Everyone of them! So we all pick someone to work with, lucky for us we do have choices. I use hpr, mainly because I like to go fast, but also because I personally like Eric. But thats just me. Now I have met Gary and Kelly. They are all great people trying there best to give us performance parts for the Ds. I have not ever met Jeff, but am sure he is nice also.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Reasonable post AZ.

That same thing can be said in defense of HPR, TheBom and soon KMS or to whoever it may concern.

If you could, produce that post by said builder that names TVI, I will stand corrected. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If it simply refers to sleeved cylinders, I will have to stand my ground......

Ron
Enter search: "Big Bores" then the..... 720 big bore blown head gasket thread aurther BIGBOO second page 11th response from MrHp HAVE A NICE DAY

Old 04-25-2006, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

AZ,

Found it. His whole post was about the problem with the system. He never said TVI, the closest he came to anything like that was to say that he had received 25 - 30 phonecalls all with the same problem.

I was all set to admit being mistaken but you didn't give me any way to do it honestly.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I would have to lie about being mistaken and that is just unreasonable.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Well one can say what they like mask it with a tad of ananimity and play it off so be it....... I see no gray areas life don't work that way for me its black or white he was talking crap and aiming it toward TVI shame on him......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Wow AZ. . . impressive search and backing-up of what you post.

I don't think there is any question you made your point.

As for the back and forth, I'll stay out of it. I just have to chime in to say that you were asked to back it up and without a doubt you did.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Fine, here is the post. and here is the challenge. The rest of you will decide if this post meets the challenge:

Challenge - (by DSNUT) "If you could, produce that post by said builder that names TVI, I will stand corrected. If it simply refers to sleeved cylinders, I will have to stand my ground......"

The post by said builder that supposedly names TVI:

"A ron wood cdi is not the cause. Your story matches at least 25-30 phone calls I have recieved with the same problem. You can not simply put a cometic head gasket on because the cylinder has an o-ring in it. The o-ring has to be removed and the groove filled with epoxy and then the top of the jug machined flat again. Then you can use the cometic.

The real reason for gasket failure is when the sleeve goes in it does not seat completely. Then the engine runs and heat cycles letting the sleeve "drop" a few thousandths and lose cylinder seal. Also the o-rings I have removed have been seated too deep to do much good anyway.

You need to check your oil passages also, and may have to split the cases and completely go through the bottom end checking everything because of the "magic" sealant and silicon that is used when putting those type of big bore kits together goes all through the critical parts of the engine. I have seen several engines with oil passages completely stopped up because too much goop was put on the head gasket trying to stop it from leaking."

Or were you refering to a different post............?

Old 04-25-2006, 03:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Fine, here is the post. and here is the challenge. The rest of you will decide if this post meets the challenge:

Challenge - (by DSNUT) "If you could, produce that post by said builder that names TVI, I will stand corrected. If it simply refers to sleeved cylinders, I will have to stand my ground......"

The post by said builder that supposedly names TVI:

"A ron wood cdi is not the cause. Your story matches at least 25-30 phone calls I have recieved with the same problem. You can not simply put a cometic head gasket on because the cylinder has an o-ring in it. The o-ring has to be removed and the groove filled with epoxy and then the top of the jug machined flat again. Then you can use the cometic.

The real reason for gasket failure is when the sleeve goes in it does not seat completely. Then the engine runs and heat cycles letting the sleeve "drop" a few thousandths and lose cylinder seal. Also the o-rings I have removed have been seated too deep to do much good anyway.

You need to check your oil passages also, and may have to split the cases and completely go through the bottom end checking everything because of the "magic" sealant and silicon that is used when putting those type of big bore kits together goes all through the critical parts of the engine. I have seen several engines with oil passages completely stopped up because too much goop was put on the head gasket trying to stop it from leaking."

Or were you refering to a different post............?

The thread was started by this post:

BIGBOO
Weekend Warrior

Sat November 12, 2005 2:34 PM

Has anyone out there had a problem with TVI's 720 big bore kits, blowning a head gasket. Need reply Quick.

(The above was the original post in the thread).

"Your Story" is the key. . . Who is the You in Your if not the originator of the thread? If it is the originator of the thread (as I see it) then we can look to his post and he said TVI right in his post.

I believe TVI is the only one ever to market the 720 (the title of the thread is: 720 Big Bore Blown Head Gasket) but, that really doesn't matter. I also believe TVI was the only one to O-ring the cylinders. . . could be wrong.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...rd1=big%20bore

Can't seem to post links right now so, posted the above.

Quick Reply: 720 kit on e-bay