CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

720 kit on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Here is a good article in 1986 on a top end 4 cylinder refurbishment (like a big bore kit) that includes milling JE pistons to reduce CR. Go to bottom of page to see first page of article. This is what Millennium and either JE or CP does combined in their specialties, but with more sophistocated processes and accuracies now.

Mr HP may be right, and JE may not allow milling but the specs and costs should speak for themselves. Custom pistons may ultimately provide better performance all the way around, but mass produced pistons would have better process controlled manufacturing quality. This is the same process any manufacturer would look at with different vendor processes to meet specified standards at the most reasonable cost: direct and indirect cost combined. Two of my specified standards are no drag racing vertical piston porting (overheats piston) and no excessively high constant compression ratios: which effect engine reliability, higher damaging rpms (for low rpm designed OEM engine) to maintain proper tune, and part replacement cost frequencies.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcnuts/monster/part2.html

Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

I said all I need to say, I don't need to repeat any of it, and I stand by every word.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default 720 kit on e-bay

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

The challenge was to point out where said builder named TVI. He did not name them. End of story. He simply said he had gotten other calls about the same problem. This is not an attack on anyone, it is stating that he has received calls about the same problem, meaning this isn't an isolated incident. He then explained why the problems were happening and how he was fixing them. How is that an attack?

It is competetive because you assume the worst in his intentions, whereas I assume the best. I think that even if he intended a veiled attack on TVI with that post it isn't even close to an attack on character or integrity like you guys are attacking him with. You act like because they are builders they don't have the right to point out a flawed system. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

AZ - I think the level of angst you display toward HPR stems from how decisively they kick your azz at the track. What is your reason Duneme? Is there some history out there?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wow, this getting good![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We might have to take this outside![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

As modest as Eric is, we all know Randall is not! Some may say he is cocky while others will argue he can back it up. I think we would all agree that competition between the builders is a good thing. A civil rivalry would probably push the DS modifications into the future.

DSNUT, I am sure if you asked Randall he would say he was talking mostly about TVI, maybe a few other random sleeved jugs too. Many of his post and website have hints of "bad mouthing" his competitors. Sure he does it a way where he doesn't name names, but anyone in the know can read right through it. I would guess he feels he has the right to talk the smack as long as he can back it up with the trophies.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Nut:

As I said in my previous post. . . I'm just here as a Juruist to call it as I see it. . . AZ was asked to show something and he did. Please don't try to pull me into something else.

You are correct, he didn't "Name them specifically in his post".

B U T. . .

Please answer my questions. . . Who is the "You" in "Your"? If you answer TVI then I think we've got a winner. If not, who is it?

There is much more pointing to TVI than to "sleeved cylinders" on this thread.

As for now, yes we have an answer. . . The Jury has come back and AZ has done what you asked him to do. He wins.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Duneme,

You put yourself smack in the middle of it by electing yourself as the Jury. I regret to inform you that since I made the challenge, you are out of your jurisdiction. Kind of like a Sherrif on the wrong side of a county line.

The challenge was simple, the only T, V and I were parts of other words like "noT", "receiVed" and "receIved", lol.

He did not meet my challenge, go officiate something you are allowed some control over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

This is almost pathetic......i read this and i cant believe my eyes....he is talking about the ONLY competitor that makes the oring sealed big bore......who would that be again? thats kinda like listening to clinton say" define sexual act"......lol....this is priceless....lol

maybe the big bore exlpanation made about TVI (yup i said it) wasnt that bad, the classless acts i was talking about was on his website, look at the ragging they do at ron woods cams expense for one(there are plenty of others)....i dont know who makes up there web-site, but having class isnt one of there strong suites!!!! ( YUP, I said that too)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

23 minutes left and 'waldo' has a bid on it ebay 720 kit.

I want a used TVI 720.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 720 kit on e-bay

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Duneme,

You put yourself smack in the middle of it by electing yourself as the Jury. I regret to inform you that since I made the challenge, you are out of your jurisdiction. Kind of like a Sherrif on the wrong side of a county line.

The challenge was simple, the only T, V and I were parts of other words like "noT", "receiVed" and "receIved", lol.

He did not meet my challenge, go officiate something you are allowed some control over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

lol

Nut, I'm going to leave this now. I'm done.

Quick Reply: 720 kit on e-bay