CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Originally posted by: monkeyinajar
Well it just sounds like you need a time out... I'll get Hilda, the burly German woman that takes steroids to watch you. Don't worry about her though, I would be worried about her friend from Amsterdamn's redlight district that likes to follow her around.....
Holy Cr@p!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Burly doesn't sound good. That is definitely going to cause the market value to take a major hit![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will be lying in bed, wide awake, too frightened to close my eyes........................possibly for weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Ok, enough of that![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I want an update from Dragon, Scatter and Crash![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How'd those bikes run???? I'm looking forward to next weekend![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

You want an update do you. Well here it goes. We started out friday afternoon from work, and headed up the mountian to Klamath Fall. Made it there in record time I might add, we were driving just a hair over the speed limit... Pulled into Scatter's shop, and unloaded the beast. We started pulling everything off and getting our way down to the heart and soul of the pig. Pulled her out, and took it apart. The cylinder, and stock piston were in perfect condition. A thing of beauty it was. well we had some trying moments while putting the new piston in, and were just plain wore out by the time we got the engin back together. So we decided that it was time for some fun. We went and picked up the ladies, and went to the bar....Had some drinks, some laughs, and a great breakfast after closing down the bar....
Well back at it the next morning, we go to the shop. Put everything back on and re fill all of the fluids. Here we go, the moment of truth.......We hit the button. Fires right up, and sounds awesome. She was just a purrin' like mad. Well we take her through the heat cycles, to check for leaks, and if it don't beat all there is oil spitting out of the side of the crank....Apparently one of the gaskets must have got caught when we were slidding it together, and pulled it out of place.
So, no test on the rebuild were able to be done this weekend. However, new gaskets are on the way, Scatter still has my ride and will have it back together and broken in for next weekend...Where that is going to be, may have changed

On to the Banshee!!!! That thing was flat moving. Still needs some TLC, we were having some trouble with the floats, and the axel is still a little wobbly. Still don't have the best tires for it. However, everyone say that back flip video that was posted.....We got to see Crash's version of it live!!!!!! Be afraid [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Boy Dragon did you hit it on the spot. That thing is cooking right now. I have never had a bike that could throw me up and back onto the ground like that. It was crazy. I have to pull the axle apart this week and fix it a litte as well as pull the carb and clean it. Best of all I really need to find some good tires for it.

We had a great time up at Christmas Valley. Some very nice riding and some of the best jumps I have seen. Flying on the the little 2 smoke is a weird feeling after spending so much time on the black beast. Looking forward to next weekend. Going to be some good fun sand blasting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Look out!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So have you guys changed your mind about the coast? Are you thinking about going back to Christmas valley this coming weekend?

I didn't get my additional mods and I don't want to rush things..............so I wasen't really prepared to have a rematch with Scatterbrain anyway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I certainly don't want to face that Banshee until I get a better head.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about the DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

On a brighter note, the weather is starting to look decent for Memorial Weekend in Florence. We just upgraded from 60% chance of rain to 30% chance of showers and now it looks like partly cloudy on Memorial Day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hopefully the forcast continues to improve[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
So have you guys changed your mind about the coast? Are you thinking about going back to Christmas valley this coming weekend?

I didn't get my additional mods and I don't want to rush things..............so I wasen't really prepared to have a rematch with Scatterbrain anyway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. I certainly don't want to face that Banshee until I get a better head.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about the DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

On a brighter note, the weather is starting to look decent for Memorial Weekend in Florence. We just upgraded from 60% chance of rain to 30% chance of showers and now it looks like partly cloudy on Memorial Day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hopefully the forcast continues to improve[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We are looking to go that way. For 2 reasons. 1. we can get a spot to camp there and be covered for our whole stay, and we will be able to take the women and the children. I was not as happy about going not taking my kids on a holiday weekend. My daughter is just dying to go camping again, and the kids would have an awesome time there.

2. The place is freaking awesome. I had Crash's DS for the day, and the jumps there were just sick. I was flat flying that thing and just had a wicked time. It is a tad bit closer, and like I said things are so much nicer with the family.

Also, Ron. Since you are doing day trips each day, you could always day trip over to the valley.....

Old 05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like you are making the right choice![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When are you guys riding next? like the 22nd or so of June?

Old 05-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Sounds like you are making the right choice![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When are you guys riding next? like the 22nd or so of June?
June is in the air, for again 2 reasons. 1 it is a really busy month for all of us, and second we will be camping at HoneyMan July 1-5.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Where will you be keeping your quads July 1-5?

Old 05-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

On the Trailor... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] We just trailor to where ever we plan on staging that day.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AHH![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ok, if you guys sleep in too late and can't get a place to stage, we will be at Driftwood. You can come down and unload your bikes and stage out of our camp. I think on 4th of July weekend you will need to stage by 7:30 or SOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Later