CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
EEeeeeeWWWwwwww
Uh..............I think you took that the wrong way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I thought you meant I sucked in the context that I am a rat bast@rd........................[img]...............Of that there is no doubt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
EEeeeeeWWWwwwww
Uh..............I think you took that the wrong way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I thought you meant I sucked in the context that I am a rat bast@rd........................[img]...............Of that there is no doubt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just got my big valve head repaired and tested. I also did a little something to my compression. It starts hard now and 110 octane isn't cutting it anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But when I can get this thing to fire let me say it pulls like no 730 I have ever seen. Jed, See you tonight. Brent, Mike and Keith, see you next weekend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What did you do to the head to bump up the compression that much?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Based on precedent there are some cards you withhold from me, I am in that same position now. In the words of a great man I respect, "you will know in time". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If I was allowed to mention it, I would[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am always trying stuff, some works, some doesn't.

Ron

Old 06-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Im sure I know what you did... Im sure I know who told you to do it... when messing with timing there are so many variables... But some other tricks nobody knows.. and never will.

Ron, How was your bike running in Idaho?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jed,

Sorry I left in such a hurry friday night. The bike died after one pass up the hill. I needed to get it towed out before dark. I spent a few hours Saturday morning trying to get spark again with no success. About 1:00 I went to all the camps I knew of to try and find your rig to chat with you but I couldn't find you anywhere.

I have concluded that my pick-up at the flywheel took a dump. I have another one and I should have that solved by this weekend.

Drove 24 hours round trip and only rode my DS for 30 min[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I went into Rexburg and picked up another 700R that matches my wife's. So at least I didn't sit in camp all weekend........but another quad wasen't really on the docket for purchases right now. At least this frees me up to stop compromising on the DS and make it a race bike..........

Oh well, sorry we only got to exchange a couple of words, your ride looks impressive and I would have liked to have seen it run.

Ron

Old 06-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Im sure I know what you did... Im sure I know who told you to do it... when messing with timing there are so many variables... But some other tricks nobody knows.. and never will.

Ron, How was your bike running in Idaho?
The bike made one good pass before I lost spark. I ran up Thundermountain and realized I was geared to tall for all motor. I think my gears were spot on for a NOS pass. I was running 17/43 with 25" 12 paddle (81" rollout) I didn't get above 7000 rpm in 3rd before I turned around. It was just revving a bit too slowely. All motor wanted a 16 tooth in the front and I think I would have revved out to 8500 by the same point on the hill which would have been plenty of speed.

More later, had fun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jed,

Sorry I left in such a hurry friday night. The bike died after one pass up the hill. I needed to get it towed out before dark. I spent a few hours Saturday morning trying to get spark again with no success. About 1:00 I went to all the camps I knew of to try and find your rig to chat with you but I couldn't find you anywhere.

I have concluded that my pick-up at the flywheel took a dump. I have another one and I should have that solved by this weekend.

Drove 24 hours round trip and only rode my DS for 30 min[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I went into Rexburg and picked up another 700R that matches my wife's. So at least I didn't sit in camp all weekend........but another quad wasen't really on the docket for purchases right now. At least this frees me up to stop compromising on the DS and make it a race bike..........

Oh well, sorry we only got to exchange a couple of words, your ride looks impressive and I would have liked to have seen it run.

Ron
Hey, no muff to tuff. I think you must have just missed me. Since no one come with me, and I could find anyone, I left. I think I rolled out about 1 or so. Hope you get it running good. Sometimes **** happens. It just sucks when you go that far to have it happen.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Based on precedent there are some cards you withhold from me, I am in that same position now. In the words of a great man I respect, "you will know in time". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If I was allowed to mention it, I would[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am always trying stuff, some works, some doesn't.

Ron

So Ron, Your trying to say that Im withholding information on you about my build or what?