CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Originally posted by: rcoop
Well Nut im going to have to say i gave you an unfair test to take. Since Desert Storm you were still crapping your pants and 9/11 your were sticking the pages of SI swimsuit issues together. Im sorry. Since we are friends though and you gave me a little advice Im going to help you out. There is always bigger, badder, faster, and people with deeper pockets out there. So you need to learn to pick your battles and not hide behind friends. See i talked to Cape this week not one word of getting down or one threat. We agreed to disagree on our view of Hpr being the top Ds builder. From what ive seen two purpose built motors for an event two DNF's. Ok its only one event. So how did Randall do on the with his flat track racing? Another hurt motor. I will say i was a little hard on Hpr i viewed them as liars about there motors and i was wrong. They just don't tell the whole truth dropping a valve is not the same as won't start So wave the flag for there headwork but dropping a valve on a motor that came straight from the builder to that event is not best builder material to me. If you are happy with your purchase of a motor that lost 3 tenths since last year congrats. There is another builder who has a bike stock frame, subframe, axle,and a-arms at 500lbs that ran 4.6 a year ago. So i will agree with you there is nothing to gain from us racing because i dont take advantage of children i thought you were a man that had the ability to back up his mouth. You can't beat me on the track, in the gym, or even balance my checkbook. So when your girl wants to supersize tell her she doesnt need to go to your work only to look me up and i'll show her what a real man is about. So you and yfzfrygirl stop playing in the managers office and get back on the floor because drive-thru is backing up. One last question for you why did MP Racing go out of business?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Well since we have gone full circle and are back to men racing fast bikes. Do you still got me on your calendar choose?

Bob - I'm not going to argue with you anymore. No one wants to see a guy your age reduced to this kind of behavior. I respect my elders and had I known you were as seasoned as you are, I would have reacted differently toward you from the beginning. I am not going to call someone eligible for a senior discount at any retail establishment, "Outside". Nor will I follow them out, either.

I am not going to race you nor will I debate you any longer. If you have counsel for me, I may not take it but i will read it and give it serious consideration. Btw, things did not go well at all for us at dunefest. I cannot imagine a worse scenario then what really happened. I wish things had been different because we had a ton of potential and we all worked very hard to make a good showing. Next year will be different[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Have a good night.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didn't know the 730 had dropped a valve. I was standing there less than 10 feet from the bike when Randall was trying to start it. It had a clatter and wouldn't fire. There certainly wasen't anyway I could tell when we were there what the problem was. Randall had ridden up with the motor sounding just fine and shut the motor off.

I am assuming Ron must have pulled the head off and a dropped valve is what he found? If not I can only guess why it wouldn't start. I will say this, my heart dropped into my stomach when she wouldn't go............

Old 08-12-2006, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

dont feel to bad nut....it happends to every builder at one time or another....thats what happens when u push the envalope of getting every little bit of H.P out of these motors with very little time to test them before the next big race...im sure the next one will be better....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

i havent had time to read every post between u and coop...he keeps referring u to being a young lad.....just how young are u? im sure i missed an inside joke somewhere....

Old 08-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the kind words Rocky. We were all disappointed but overall I had a great time and I learned a lot about this process. I wouldn't go back and change the experience and hard work building up to the race and I bet when given some time to see what positive things come from all of this, I won't want to change the results of the race either.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have never had a bad experience that given enough time, I didn't end up glad it happened because it prompted so many positive things I wouldn't otherwise have had access to.

i don't feel bad. I wanted Bob to know where I was coming from regarding dunefest and he needed to know I am not about to sugarcoat what happened for all of you. I am satisfied with the results............As soon as the bike died at the starting line, I already started preparing for the next race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nut, luck goes a long way in drag racing, some days you have good luck and some days its bad and nothing you can do about it. I like things to go real bad right up to race time so you get the bad stuff out the way, like motor blowing in my truck on the way there LOL

Old 08-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hap had luck on his side fri and sat. Bike ran great all but 1 run when he broke a chain and was LUCKY it was a test run.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Ron, It happens to ALL of us that get serious like we do. It happened to me at f s w a few years ago when my fuel pump and selinoids went out for my nos and 730 a second before the big race. Then my battery went south from hitting all the deep whoops the night before as well but luckily still started. Also, at pismo recently some freak things happened. Carb fell apart freakishly and my chain threw while going 10 mph but didnt the day before racing hard at the hil for an hour starght. So what happened to you is just routine.jmo good luck next time.

I just took the ds for a test ride with pilot and the top end starts dropping the hammer and pulling hard at 8500-10k. Never before has it pulled like this on top. took a few to find the sweet spot on the super jet. What kind of top end results did you have with your SJ? If I recall correclty you couldnt get lean enough?

Old 08-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

well if you all thought like me, going in expecting the worse and not caring about the outcame you would all leave happy and satisfied. my bad luck was burning 76 gallons of gas one way it cant get much worse than that , except in glenns condition but just be happy you were under warranty. i not a racer neither is my bike, i do feel sorry for the ones who put all the work and time into there bikes wanting that win so bad it really is heart wrenching to see a persons dreams coming crashing down like that. if you want to win you have to be willing to spend the $. keep your head up nut if randal would not have beat my bike so bad the first pass i would not have put the mojo spell on your bike. are you ready to see the video of that run yet?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and yes im a nut farmer.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

2Big.... I follow that same philosophy, if you always expect the worst you will never be disapointed. Plus I was a boyscout and the moto is "be prepared," so between the two things usually work out, and the fat boy is usually happy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nut... there is no need to be disappointed in this... you had fun and spent time with your friends at the dunes... how could that ever be bad. Like you said you learned about the process of getting a bike ready to race... for me knowledge is always better than a trophy for the wall (no matter how cool it looks). Your new knowledge will prepare you for next time... good luck dude!

Old 08-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Really, I feel very good about all of it. I have nothing to complain about. As I said before, later when I look back on all of this I bet I wouldn't change a thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It was a growth experience and the best part was meeting those of you that made it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]