CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who has a Lectron and rides trails?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a Lectron and rides trails?

I am still on the fence between the 46HV and the TM45, I really want the Lectron but am worried about having problems since I ride at least 50% woods. Most of the time these are fast and dry but sometimes we do slow, rocky and sloppy. The other 50% is dunes. Also is the stuck throttle been taken care of?

So does anyone with a Lectron ride woods and are happy with the setup?

-Josh

Old 04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I do some rail riding with my bikes and i see no problems with the lectron trail riding and there will never be a surefired way to stop the lectron from sticking it is a rotgut carb..YOU CAN DRESS A PIG IN A PROM DRESS IF YOU LIKE BUT THAT DONT MAKE IT ANY PURDIER. But it is the easiest to tune in the world.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

Jmann,

You might want to consider Honda 450r carb for $170 new. Look on Extreme garage. A couple of guys just installed it, and the last one put it on and did almost nothing: he said it was improved power all the way around. Fits right on stock system (little cable drilling). All parts needed and instructions on site.

Just something to consider. Keihin hi tech 42mm butterfly carb that's responsive and smooth (not fsc or cv). It may be the last real carb made by the last and biggest carb company still standing.

Of course Lectron are for drags, and many on this site swear by TM45's so just another alternative to these fsc's and the stock DS cv with OMR's improvements.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes it's always great to know about the other options available, BUT remember the most important point. Unless your an expert and won't need any support for the part you are implementing, it's always best to get what was made and sold for your machine so if you need to call someone you won't hear the dreaded, "I'm sorry but we will not support a part used for other than what it was manufactured for" comment. =]

Old 04-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

I also all-purpose my HPR 48HV. It's got many tuning sessions under it's belt and the stuck shut is 99% gone. Then again, it's got every bell and whistle an HV could have. Many more than were available just a year ago.

I rock climb with mine, if that tells a story on trailability.

Good luck.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

My lectron 44 & 46HV trail rode smoothly. I have not had a chance to trail ride my 48HV yet, but I'm sure it will be smooth like my others. My came tuned near dead on, I just had to turn the metering rod 1/4 turn or so. Great thing about the lectron is not having to carrie all those extra jets around to tune.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
My lectron 44 & 46HV trail rode smoothly. I have not had a chance to trail ride my 48HV yet, but I'm sure it will be smooth like my others. My came tuned near dead on, I just had to turn the metering rod 1/4 turn or so. Great thing about the lectron is not having to carrie all those extra jets around to tune.
i do alot of trail riding with my "48" with absolutly no problems at all....if tuned properly, u wont have any problems .

Old 04-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I love my 44. I may get the 46 when and if I put the new piston in. If the 46 is like my 44 then I wont wory about a thing. I just know who I need to get it from if and when I do so. Otherwise the 44 will do me just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

I mainly trail rode my ds, and couldnt have been happier w/my lectron. Rode in lots of nasty, muddy and wet conditions, and never had a problem mostly its because of cable routing issues.
Justin

Old 04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

As far as that gose you can run a 40mm lectron i have two pami's 14-1 pistons pami degreed cams direct mount air filters LTE dual exhaust vortex ignitions ported intakes and a few more goodies and the run exellent on 40mm lectrons.And listen up there cheap!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Who has a Lectron and rides trails?