CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is it possible to run the LTE duals and the Lectron 46 hv?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to run the LTE duals and the Lectron 46 hv?

I have been reading back posts and trying to find the answer to this question and i have seen conflicting information.I understand the problem with the LTE and the stock air box and snorkle but is there a way to make this work?I have the LTE on my Raptor and i like its performance and it can run strong and quiet so if it is possible i will put one on my DS.Anyone using the Lectron 46hv and the LTE?

Old 05-21-2006, 04:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mike,

I am wondering about building your own snorkle. You can't have a stock length one, but maybe you don't need one. Rather than a direct mount, furnish yourself with a snorkle that is around 8 - 10" long that you can clamp your filter to. All the snorkle does is straighten the air out as it enters the carb. Less turbulance turns into more air velocity which becomes higher cylinder pressure and better VE.

Maybe this can still be accomplished with the space you do have for a snorkle.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just a thought.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Ron.That is exactly what i was considering.If the Lectron needs the snorkle to send the air to the carb maybe it can still work with a shorter version of the stock snorkle?My thinking is that if i could improve my top end with the LTE that it may be worth the trouble to figure this out.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

duneittilludie, I ran NUT's bike with the LTE's, and it sounded good, had tremendous bottom end, but not a great top end.... I know some folks swear by the LTE's as a top end pipe. Three issues to consider with the LTE's on a DS, is 1. you have to carve out some of the frame to get the pipes to clear the center section, 2. be ready to melt your pants on both sides of the bike, they mount high up, and heat shields are not that great, and 3. the whole issue of mounting the air filter. After seeing NUT run LTE's, Yosh RS-3, and now the Top Gun pipe, I believe that more power can be had with a good single system for less money, granted the LTE's disipate the db's a little better seeing as how the exhaust is being quieted by two cans. just my 2 cents.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with everything Tony just said. I will say the sound had dollar value to me and i don't think you will have sound trouble with them.

One other thing is weight. They actually add weight since there is two silencers. I think they add 2 - 3 lbs to stock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

After researching further it seems that the LTE may not be the way to go on the DS.If i had stock carb or one that could perform well with a direct mount filter then maybe but the air flow issues and the frame cutting that is required seem to be more than i want to deal with.I guess that i should just be happy with the gains i am seeing with the stock pipe and ODP end cap,at least for now.Thanks for the input guys.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

Here is a thought I have been thinking about from both of the LTE threads on here. Is there a way to mount the cans on the outside of the fame instead of the inside to where you won't have to take your airbox out? I relize you will have to do some adding to the pipe and some more bending to it. Also, a mention of burning your legs on the pipes, could you add some more of a heat sheld to it? How far, if you go with the setup, does the ceramic coating goes? If you weld on a extention like the heat sheld found on the stock ds, you could save your legs. Here is another ? .......could you move the pipes lower and then shoot them up where the cans go? Can you run both of the pipes together on the same side and have a bigger heat sheld on that side? I guess if you have the time and get creative, i believe you can make the LTE setup work for you, instead of you working for them!!

Old 05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SW2steve77
Here is a thought I have been thinking about from both of the LTE threads on here. Is there a way to mount the cans on the outside of the fame instead of the inside to where you won't have to take your airbox out? I relize you will have to do some adding to the pipe and some more bending to it. Also, a mention of burning your legs on the pipes, could you add some more of a heat sheld to it? How far, if you go with the setup, does the ceramic coating goes? If you weld on a extention like the heat sheld found on the stock ds, you could save your legs. Here is another ? .......could you move the pipes lower and then shoot them up where the cans go? Can you run both of the pipes together on the same side and have a bigger heat sheld on that side? I guess if you have the time and get creative, i believe you can make the LTE setup work for you, instead of you working for them!!
All things are possible, and all of that could be done with the correct tools, and know how. The question is, "Is it worth the effort?"

Duneit, I understand your issues with the sounds requirments, and have also been trying to figure ways to keep them dogs off....I know mine is above the Dbs for over there, and it is a bit nerve racking the whole time...Good Luck

Old 05-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

I have been looking at different pics from the stock ds pipping (since mine is not with me at the moment) and the pipping with the LTE's. PheonixDS put his together with Ducati cans and stainless pipes. I think if you move the battery box to the front and move the compression damper to the side. Then using the stock headers and adding some more pipe to make the duals work on the outside of the airbox...it just might work. Like dragon said, if you really want to go through all the work to do it. I think, just my 2 cents here, that if you want the sound, and from what I gather here, the gain, you could make it work with the air box still there. But the question is, do you want to do the extra work??

Old 05-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

Here is another idea....How about making a extention on the cans to where they are still mounted in the center, but droped down from the airbox. making like 1.5 to 2 inches of clearance from the airbox. Sorry, just comming up with new ideas... I like the feed back from this.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to run the LTE duals and the Lectron 46 hv?