CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bored too the max !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bored too the max !!!!!

01ds, its only 104 here right now. Chilly. Just got back from getting ice cream with the family......mmmmmm it was good.

Choose, you work 5 hrs from home? I wouldnt mind them 7 on 7 off. Every other week off sounds nice.

Well, I work for myself. So I dont get paid no matter what if were not working. So I have to make enough when I do, to take the loss from vacation. Some days I only have to work 8 hrs or less. Some 16. Some times I drive over 200miles a day hitting my jobs, some days 10 miles. I spend alot of time in my truck, and on the phone. My back dont let me do alot of physical labor for very long anymore, so I have to look like I am working,lol. I dont get many long vacations. 5 days is usually the max, and it includes a holiday and weekend to make it work. I do alot of 2-3 day trips though. I hate being home on weekends, so I am not here much then.

Choose, how much do you make? Do you make enough? Do you like your job? Are you any good at what you do? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh thanks a lot man. Your a dedicated brother. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hey I forgot to mention it is 96 degrees here with 80% humidity making the realfeel heat index 106, I don't know how that is calculated its just what the weather report says. 5 minutes outside and your soaking wet with sweat, shade or not. glad I don't have to hit the roof today for outdoor eqipment problems, I'd rather be out in a blizzard than this weather!

Old 07-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
01ds, its only 104 here right now. Chilly. Just got back from getting ice cream with the family......mmmmmm it was good.

Choose, you work 5 hrs from home? I wouldnt mind them 7 on 7 off. Every other week off sounds nice.

Well, I work for myself. So I dont get paid no matter what if were not working. So I have to make enough when I do, to take the loss from vacation. Some days I only have to work 8 hrs or less. Some 16. Some times I drive over 200miles a day hitting my jobs, some days 10 miles. I spend alot of time in my truck, and on the phone. My back dont let me do alot of physical labor for very long anymore, so I have to look like I am working,lol. I dont get many long vacations. 5 days is usually the max, and it includes a holiday and weekend to make it work. I do alot of 2-3 day trips though. I hate being home on weekends, so I am not here much then.

Choose, how much do you make? Do you make enough? Do you like your job? Are you any good at what you do? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I make $2 an hour now. Just got a raise too,
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Im kinda behind the times with this job, but it will do for the time being, LOL!

I hate my job, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Im not near as good as I used to be doing what I do now, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh, I forgot. I do work 5hrs away from home and I have to stay down here the whole time that Im at work.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
hey I forgot to mention it is 96 degrees here with 80% humidity making the realfeel heat index 106, I don't know how that is calculated its just what the weather report says. 5 minutes outside and your soaking wet with sweat, shade or not. glad I don't have to hit the roof today for outdoor eqipment problems, I'd rather be out in a blizzard than this weather!
Thats a good point. Here the heat is a dry heat, being up in the high desert and all. So it only feels like 104, when its 104. Infact, I might go throw a sweater on,lol! I too would much rather be in a blizzard. That way I could be sledding![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Viper, how do you like Utah?

It's only 39% humidity today. That is really low for NW Ohio. The great black Swamp. Sometimes it's close to 90° & 70% humidity!!! that is terrible because you can't sweat. Well you do, but it doesn't cool you the way nature intened. Wow big diff between hightower & my weather. We aren't that far apart. I've been in his town.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: 650VIPER

I make $2 an hour now. Just got a raise too,

Im kinda behind the times with this job, but it will do for the time being, LOL!

I hate my job, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Im not near as good as I used to be doing what I do now, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh, I forgot. I do work 5hrs away from home and I have to stay down here the whole time that Im at work.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

2 bucks an hour? holy crap kid, your loaded!

That staying at work would suck, so I feel for ya there my man!

Old 07-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

damn 01ds650, that's low humidity alright for as close to me as you are, sweet...I mean sweat...lol

utah is dry yeah, but something about the altitude and clearer sky makes for a mean sunbrun if you aint careful...every time I am out there we get around 100 degrees, 3 years in a row, and I'll tell ya it don't really feel as better as I thought it would!

I am 33 miles from work, hour and half round trip added to the 13 hours I;m here makes for a 14-1/2 hour day leaving 9-1/2 at home to eat, sleep, shower, and see the wife and kid, but hey at least I see them every day. Choose that would be a little difficult I think, all week away. but I like flying, do you fly every week?

Old 07-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
damn 01ds650, that's low humidity alright for as close to me as you are, sweet...I mean sweat...lol

utah is dry yeah, but something about the altitude and clearer sky makes for a mean sunbrun if you aint careful...every time I am out there we get around 100 degrees, 3 years in a row, and I'll tell ya it don't really feel as better as I thought it would!

I am 33 miles from work, hour and half round trip added to the 13 hours I;m here makes for a 14-1/2 hour day leaving 9-1/2 at home to eat, sleep, shower, and see the wife and kid, but hey at least I see them every day. Choose that would be a little difficult I think, all week away. but I like flying, do you fly every week?

No sir. The only flying I do is in my Dodge dually at about 78mph down the interstate for about 300miles,

Old 07-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hey wait a minute, I just looked at the weather and the real feel is actually only 97 right now, yesterday they were calling for a 106 but it didn't happen, tomorrow they are calling for 102 though...I gotta mow grass tuesday, hope it cools then, 2-1/2 hours worth of mowing, then 1/2 hour of trimming, might have to say screw it if its too hot, I hate the sweaty heat! gotta mow every 5 or 6 days though, or it gets way outa hand man.

Quick Reply: Bored too the max !!!!!