CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

CORR Event Chula Vista, Ca./ Crazy plans due to heavy drinking!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CORR Event Chula Vista, Ca./ Crazy plans due to heavy drinking!

I went to the CORR event this weekend at the Otay Ranch in Chula Vista. Did any of the San Diego guys get out there... anyway, man it was awsome. I've never been to an event like that before. I've seen the Baja races, but not a closed course race. Those truck freakin' fly. They sound like 2-strokes. Wrecks, racin' and lots of beer.... nice.

On a side note I was out there with my riding crew and after we all had way too many silver bullets, someone started popin' off about not being afraid of the heat in the desert... its like 112 out there today.... so I had to throw out the challenge. I told them that I wasn't afraid and that they were all talk. So long story short about 6 of us have tenative plans to brave the desert heat and head out to Buttercup next weekend. We will have the dunes to ourselves... virgin sand everywhere. I don't know if it will really happen or not but I'll keep you guys posted. I'll tell you what though, I won't be the one backing out, so if it doesn't happen they'll get an earfull till October.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Range Rover

I missed this weekend, but have been to the 2 prior. Yup! Certified good time! We bring the hauler & golf cart and meet up our whole dez crew and camp the whole weekend. A buddy of mine works for the land owner.

I was out of town (in Hawaii... Dang it.) but my buddies said it broke 109' but the news said 112'.

If you do go to the dunes (which was 122' this weekend) camp by the canal, EZ on the bullets and bring mucho aqua on the rides just in case.

All the imperial folks know what happen to the couple that tried to dune 2-years ago in the summer by themsevelfs.... I hope.... Right? They croaked on a break-down. The dude only made it 600 yd's through the dunes. The girl was found under the buggy. No more dune trips for them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2006, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

The CORR event was HOT... my truck said 110', but after about 5:00pm the clouds rolled in and it was only in the high 90's... we had my buddies hauler and plenty of beer, I'll be at every even from now on it was a blast... all the desert folks out there getting their mid summer fix.

Yea I've heard that story about the folks that died... we only ride in groups just in case ya know... we all roll with camel backs and tow straps, especially in the summer. We've gone once a summer the last three years and each time we said we would never do it again.LOL A couple of beers and a loud mouth usually change that though.

We'll be right by the canal... take a dip in all your clothes and go for a ride and its not too bad. We're going out Saturday night to hit a night ride or two, wake up at the crack of dawn for a couple morning rides, then be heading back by 11:00am or so.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:56 AM
Range Rover

Yup! Ya got it down!!! The fun part is make the guy that wears the target (every camp has one!) drop you off after turn of the bridge (or wherever.. you go Buttercup side, S. Glamis) and pick you back up down stream,.... to bring you back up... while you re-load a bullet to float again! Or, if you want to really make him work bring the ski or wake board!

Two things for sure, Corr is Kool and you will ride pristine dunes next weekend....Godspeed my friend![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]